Song Review:: BIBI: Bluebird- Bluebird

  • Release date: 2025 February 20
  • Album tracklist: Bluebird, Winter (unreleased)
  • Album runtime: 5 minutes

 I recently rewatched the recorded day of the MCountdown Stage for KCon LA. It was a few weeks ago, but that included her stage with Hyolin, who I've already decided is one of my favorite soloists to come from a group I don't currently listen to. She has a really good stage presence. I was impressed. I also don't know a lot about her, so I'm going to have to look her up a little. Full soloist and has never been with a group, I don't think. Younger sister who also joined the industry. Cool. The run time of this single does make me twitch a little, but I suppose it's fine.

Ah, so we're going for the indie-esque with the solo guitar and the soft, rasping vocals. Audience participation snapping gets added, which brings me as much joy as everyone expects, though it doesn't stay. Percussion of some sort also gets added, as does an organ, but it never fully leaves the indie vibe. There's really not a lot going on here with the instrumentals, which matches the style of the song.

Bear with me a moment. Bibi's voice in this song is a hole in the wall coffeehouse that has an overabundance of plants, an elderly orange tabby named Bartholomew who has his own chair and pillow by the front bay window, and poetry readings every other week on Thursdays. Stylistically, she's got a very indie whisper to her voice, but it stays lower in her register for the most part until she gets to a part where she goes for the falsetto. 

This isn't just a slice of life music video. This is a found footage slice of life music video and has all the comfort of a hot cup of chocolate on a snowy, winter day.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Song Review:: Super Junior: Super Junior 25- Express Mode

Song Review:: KickFlip: Flip It, Kick It- Umm Great {Pre-Debut}

Song Review:: NEXZ: Beat-Boxer- I'm Him {Pre-Release}

Song Review:: ALL(H)OURS: SMOKE POINT- Graffiti {Pre-Release}

Greatest Hits:: Hyo (Girls' Generation): Sober

Song Review:: Ken (VIXX): PUZZLE- 신아브로 (Gradually)

Battle of the B-Sides: 9Muses: Miss Agent

Greatest Hits:: BIGBANG: Sober

Song Review:: VVS: AFTER HOURS- BOTTLE$

Song Review:: ILLIT: I'LL LIKE YOU- Cherish (My Love)