Song Review:: Baekho (NU'EST) (feat. Jessi): Nutty Nutty

  • Release date: 2024 September 04
  • Album tracklist: Nutty Nutty
  • Album runtime: 2 minutes

...I know they're disbanded, but I refuse to not attach his group to him. Also, really? Two minutes? That's barely long enough to cook a hot pocket. 

Nutty Nutty is a really good dancing song. I like the latin elements to it, as well as the driving, pulsing beat. This song doesn't give you a chance to breathe, not that it's long enough for a pause. A slowdown wouldn't have enough time to recover, so I'm grateful that it doesn't try. 

I think this sounds more like a Jessi song featuring Baekho, than a Baekho song featuring Jessi. And I know that both of them have incredible voices, but I also don't think that this song pretends to let their vocals shine, nor do I think that it's supposed to. This is not a song you sing to have your vocals praised. 

Waterbomb is PG-13 and above for a reason. I'm more surprised by this combination of artists than I am by the choreography and the amount of wet skin on display, because it's not like both of them aren't known for being subtle and demure. This is all exactly as I'd expect. But it's so short...

I'm including the actual audio because personally, the audio quality in the video is sub-par.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Song Review:: Taemin (SHINee): Eternal- Sexy in the Air

Song Review:: fromis_9: Supersonic- Supersonic

Song Review:: Moonbyul (Mamamoo): Starlight of Twinkle : REPACKAGE- Is This Love?