Song Review:: ID:EARTH: A Cold Night

  • Release date: 2024 September 22
  • Album tracklist: A Cold Night, A Cold Night - Instrumental
  • Album runtime: 7 minutes

 This apparently was released on this day. I don't think I've ever even heard of this group, but I'm always into finding something new I might like, so I picked this one at random to review.

A-ha! This is a single! And ID:EARTH is apparently a soloist. Interesting. Okay. Well, let's get to it!

This isn't a complicated set of instrumentals. It's mellow. It's straightforward. It's steady. There's a section toward the end that makes it sound very science fiction. Actually, what it reminds me of is the soundtrack to Dangonronpa. Not the parts that stress me out, but the general exploring and chatting parts, before you have to solve a murder. And I appreciate being able to listen to just the instrumentals here. We have a drumkit, a keyboard/piano, and a synthesizer, and I think that's it. Simple. Chill. Nice.

Her voice is lovely. It's been a while since I listened to anything indie, even in English, but I can think of several people already that I want to send this song to. Her voice just washes over me, and I just relax, which is exactly what I'm wanting right now. She is very settling. Her tone as well. She has a lower sound, which I appreciate just because it's nice to hear a woman that gets to stay down there occasionally. She doesn't use it to power belt, and the song doesn't need it. It's nice.

It's an animated music video! Oh, my gosh, this reminds me of Metro. Yes, this is a music video, but it's just a short movie, period. End of sentence. It's a bleak, post-apocalyptic, kind of hopeful, and...look, I'm not going to lie. I completely forget that I'm supposed to be thinking during this. I've tried four times. I think I have to give up. No, seriously. It's incredible. I am so glad that I randomly picked this song from the release list.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Song Review:: Taemin (SHINee): Eternal- Sexy in the Air

Song Review:: fromis_9: Supersonic- Supersonic

Song Review:: Moonbyul (Mamamoo): Starlight of Twinkle : REPACKAGE- Is This Love?