Song Review:: JinJin (ASTRO): JIN LAB Project 6- Carry on

 

  • Release date: 2024 September 28
  • Album tracklist: Carry on

  • Album runtime: 3 minutes

I like that ASTRO has become somewhat active recently. Not as a group, necessarily, but they're doing music related stuff and I love that for them.

Oh! I see his name under composer, arranger, and lyricist. Well done, JinJin!

Ooh, that's a funky guitar going on there. The guitars in general seem to be hanging out in place of pride through out the entire song, which I am so into, and they never lose their funk. There are moments when they take a brief break, moments which include a siren of all things, but otherwise, they just are perfectly there. They give the entire song a very disco air. 

JinJin in this song reminds me of the two songs I've heard from RM. It's a very mellow, but no less powerful, rap that does the impossible: quiets my brain. I have not a clue what he's saying. Zero clue, except for the English during the refrain that is at his chillest, but that doesn't matter. I really like this song, and if this is indicative of his style overall, I may be on my way to becoming a fan. Also, for some reason, this song reminds me of Scooby-Doo. I've been sitting here for fifteen minutes trying to figure out why, but the reason still eludes me. Alas.

Well, by virtue of the fact that I'm not sure this has a music video, I believe this section is obsolete.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Song Review:: Super Junior: Super Junior 25- Express Mode

Song Review:: KickFlip: Flip It, Kick It- Umm Great {Pre-Debut}

Song Review:: ALL(H)OURS: SMOKE POINT- Graffiti {Pre-Release}

Song Review:: NEXZ: Beat-Boxer- I'm Him {Pre-Release}

Song Review:: ILLIT: I'LL LIKE YOU- Cherish (My Love)

Music Show Wins:: Week of 10/22 - 10/28

Greatest Hits:: Hyo (Girls' Generation): Sober

Song Review:: Billlie: appendix: Of All We Have Lost- trampoline {Pre-Release}

Battle of the B-Sides: 9Muses: Miss Agent

Greatest Hits:: BIGBANG: Sober