Song Review:: JINJIN (Astro): JIN LAB Project 6- Carry on

 

  • Release date: 2024 September 28
  • Album tracklist: Carry on

  • Album runtime: 3 minutes

I like that Astro has become somewhat active recently. Not as a group, necessarily, but they're doing music related stuff and I love that for them.

Oh! I see his name under composer, arranger, and lyricist. Well done, JinJin!

Ooh, that's a funky guitar going on there. The guitars in general seem to be hanging out in place of pride through out the entire song, which I am so into, and they never lose their funk. There are moments when they take a brief break, moments which include a siren of all things, but otherwise, they just are perfectly there. They give the entire song a very disco air. 

JinJin in this song reminds me of the two songs I've heard from RM. It's a very mellow, but no less powerful, rap that does the impossible: quiets my brain. I have not a clue what he's saying. Zero clue, except for the English during the refrain that is at his chillest, but that doesn't matter. I really like this song, and if this is indicative of his style overall, I may be on my way to becoming a fan. Also, for some reason, this song reminds me of Scooby-Doo. I've been sitting here for fifteen minutes trying to figure out why, but the reason still eludes me. Alas.

Well, by virtue of the fact that I'm not sure this has a music video, I believe this section is obsolete.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Song Review:: Taemin (SHINee): Eternal- Sexy in the Air

Song Review:: fromis_9: Supersonic- Supersonic

Song Review:: Moonbyul (Mamamoo): Starlight of Twinkle : REPACKAGE- Is This Love?