Song Review:: Xdinary Heroes (feat. YB Yoon Do Hyun): Open ♭eta v6.4- iNSTEAD!

 

  • Release date: 2024 September 09
  • Album tracklist: iNSTEAD!, XH_stone_75
  • Album runtime: 4 minutes

Well, the sound teleported me back to emo rock of 2009. So that's my first impression. 

That's it. That's really all I have. This sounds exactly like emo rock of 2009 with some screamo mixed in. Skillet is where my brain is going to as an analogous band, though they have lower voices. Even listening to some of the music that actually came out in 2009 doesn't catapult me back in time like that. What's funny is I can't even want it to be longer. The music says I am fourteen. My back says I am not. This does make it easy on me as I know exactly which playlist this is going in though. Well, I've got a couple it'll fit into. 

I can't comment on the screaming, but I think I like it slightly better than the shouting. Seriously, though. Wow. The vocalists are good. They remind me of Linkin Park and 3 Doors Down. But I'm literally just so distracted by the black nail polish and choker this song makes me think of that this is going to be the worst review I've ever written for anything.

I like it. I promise I do. I just have to be in the exact right move to go back to 2009 like this, especially when I didn't listen to this genre myself in 2009. But my friends did. I was the token jock among them. 

When my mother and I were discussing 80s rock a few months ago, she said "There's a reason why they're called hair bands." Her words returned to me within the first few seconds of the music video. Good land, they're even dressed like they're from 2009. I'm also just now realizing that this song is possibly entirely in English, which also adds it to another playlist of mine. I genuinely don't know how I feel about this. It might take me a few days to actually process it. I also feel like the music video is trying to brain wash me into something. I don't know what it is either, but the vibe is there. 

Oof. 

So to sum up: 2009 and it makes me feel fourteen again. I don't know how I feel about this.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Song Review:: Taemin (SHINee): Eternal- Sexy in the Air

Song Review:: fromis_9: Supersonic- Supersonic

Song Review:: Moonbyul (Mamamoo): Starlight of Twinkle : REPACKAGE- Is This Love?