Song Review:: Lee Sangyi: Spice Up Our Love OST: A World For Us

  • Release date: 2024 October 03
  • Album tracklist: A World For Us, A World For Us (Inst.)

  • Album runtime: 7 minutes

 It was a slow day, so I picked a random October release, and it just happens to be the actor for the cousin on My Demon! I absolutely love that show. That's currently the only thing I've seen with him in it, though a few more entries on his filmography are on my list to watch. I didn't know he could sing, though I don't know why I'm surprised.

My first OST to review! I haven't seen the drama yet, it shouldn't matter overly much. Full disclosure though, I have a special fondness for OSTs because they were how I actually got into K-Pop. 

Percussion! Strings! Piano! Three of my favorite instruments, even though any time I hear strings specifically more than any of the other possibility, I am so far into it that I couldn't argue with it even if I wanted to. This thing sounds majestically upbeat, while simultaneously being such comfort song that it almost sent me to sleep, in a good way because it actually settled my overactive mind the first time I listened to it. Forget an OST, this song could be out of a musical, and I'm not sure I'd be able to completely tell the difference. That's the vibe I'm getting off it.

Oh, he has a lovely voice. It's one hundred percent a musical-esque voice. The song sounds like it spends most of the time in his mid-range, probably closer to his chest voice than his head voice at that. I love his vibrato. It's such a warm warble. His control over his vibrato is also pretty impressive, but this only helps support the idea that this could in fact be out of a musical rather than just an OST. This is just really a good song. I could happily sleep to it.

Standard affair for an OST music video. I'm not going to talk too much about it simply because there lie spoilers (probably? Again, I haven't seen it), and that's to respect those who haven't seen it. But the little wave he did at the end was adorable.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Song Review:: Super Junior: Super Junior 25- Express Mode

Song Review:: KickFlip: Flip It, Kick It- Umm Great {Pre-Debut}

Song Review:: NEXZ: Beat-Boxer- I'm Him {Pre-Release}

Song Review:: ALL(H)OURS: SMOKE POINT- Graffiti {Pre-Release}

Greatest Hits:: Hyo (Girls' Generation): Sober

Song Review:: Ken (VIXX): PUZZLE- 신아브로 (Gradually)

Battle of the B-Sides: 9Muses: Miss Agent

Greatest Hits:: BIGBANG: Sober

Song Review:: VVS: AFTER HOURS- BOTTLE$

Song Review:: ILLIT: I'LL LIKE YOU- Cherish (My Love)