Song Review:: Lisa (BLACKPINK): Moonlit Floor

  • Release date: 2024 October 04
  • Album tracklist: Moonlit Floor

  • Album runtime: 2 minutes

 BLACKINK songs tend to be a little hit/miss for me, and I don't know why that is. Lisa also isn't one of the members whose solo stuff I tend to like better, but music can always surprise me. I've also heard there's some sort of controversy going on? It's not the kind I care to overly pay attention to, but I'm aware that it's there and if it becomes one I want to pay attention to, then I have a starting point for it.

There's nothing overly complicated going on in the house instrumentals, which allows the song to be easy listening with a fairly low BPM. There's a shift toward the end that does catch my attention, but otherwise, this song just kind of washes over me, and  it very quickly turned into background music. I don't dislike it. It just doesn't particularly move me, which might be worse.

Back when I was an acting major, one of the exercises we had to do was say lines by using different verbs and trying to embody those verbs. Tangle, wound, entice, absorb, these kinds of words. This is called actioning. Sometimes songs attach to that part of my brain, and it supplies a verb that it thinks was the action verb assigned. In the case of a song that reminds me of Ariana Grande, even though I haven't listened to her in years and I couldn't be considered even a casual listener when I was listening to her, this one got the word "brush" or "flirt". It's not a seducing song. This is a song when you've caught the one you want to catch, but there's a delicate sense of play to the touch of the song. Using the back of your hand just to catch your partner;' attention, and then step back, wanting them to follow. The lyrics may be fairly overt, but the melody and the way Lisa sings it is not aggressive. It's not passive, though. It's the touch of "I kind of want this right now, but if you don't, that's fine too. I just want you to know I love you."

I don't think there's a music video for this so correct me if I'm wrong about that. But I'll deliver the audio at least.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Song Review:: Taemin (SHINee): Eternal- Sexy in the Air

Song Review:: fromis_9: Supersonic- Supersonic

Song Review:: Moonbyul (Mamamoo): Starlight of Twinkle : REPACKAGE- Is This Love?

Song Review:: FIFTY FIFTY: LOVE TUNE- SOS

Song Review:: xikers: HOUSE OF TRICKY: WATCH OUT- Witch

Song Review:: Changsub (BTOB): Lee Changsub Pre-Release 1991- vain hope

Song Review:: NCT Wish: Steady- Dunk Shot {Pre-Release}

Song Review:: A.C.E.: Anymore

Song Review:: ZEROBASEONE: Cinema Paradise- GOOD SO BAD

September 2024 Wrap Up: We'll Meet Again, Don't Know Where, Don't Know When