Song Review:: Billie: appendix: Of All We Have Lost- remembrance candy

  • Release date: 2024 October 16
  • Album tracklist: remembrance candytrampoline, Bluerose, BTTB (Back to the Basics), shame, dream diary ~ etching mémoires of midnight rêverie

  • Album runtime: 20 minutes

 And now we have the album release. I'm not used to having the album come out that soon to a pre-release, but it's fine. We're all fine. Once again, I do not condone the use of AI in the artwork or music video.

That almost sounds like a tack piano at the beginning. I had to drag that instrument out of the memory banks. Some of the other instruments have a very clangy, hollow quality to them, which I find thoroughly intriguing, There's also a sort of breathing element happening in the instrumentals. The whole thing sounds dreamy, but not a pleasant dream. It's some sort of a vision, fever dream, which makes it creepy. Given the month, I'm a huge fan of the vibes. There's also something like reverb happening. I just really like the instrumentals, and I wish they were an isolated track on the album. It's also got kind of a JRPG vibe to it, which I obviously like.  

Listening to this song, trampoline makes a lot more sense. I think I might be interested in sniffing around the rest of Billie's discography after this. I can't even say anything about how high the song is, because the instrumentals spend almost the entire time frantic behind the vocals, except for a brief moment near the end, and it's a little distracting, but it definitely sounds good. 

Look, I'm five seconds into this music video and I fully agree with my earlier assessment of fever dream, because simultaneously is it incredibly strange but also I am so down for this. What is playing the piano? I don't know, but it's fun, and I love it. Okay, you know that movie Ocean's Eleven? The one with Sandra Bullock and Anne Hathaway and the women are doing the heist? This music video reminds me a little of a combination of that and Thelma and Louise. But I'm also getting the idea that they lost their memories, or they're caught in a dream/vision like in Sucker Punch, and the heist is the way to free themselves from whatever is going on. The ending was cute though. I liked the hug and the others joining them.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Song Review:: FIFTY FIFTY: LOVE TUNE- SOS

Song Review:: Jennie (BLACKPINK): Mantra

September 2024 Wrap Up: We'll Meet Again, Don't Know Where, Don't Know When

Song Review:: ITZY: GOLD- Gold

Song Review:: Baekhyun (EXO): Hello, World- Pineapple Slice

Song Review:: Peniel: story of my L:ove- Daydream

Song Review:: Seventeen: SPILL THE FEELS- LOVE, FAME, MONEY (Feat. DJ Khaled)

Song Review:: Jin (BTS): Super Tuna

Song Review:: Day6: Band Aid- Melt Down

Song Review:: Rose (BLACKPINK) x Bruno Mars: APT.