Song Review:: Billie: appendix: Of All We Have Lost- trampoline {Pre-Release}

  • Release date: 2024 October 16
  • Album tracklist: remembrance candytrampoline, Bluerose, BTTB (Back to the Basics), shame, dream diary ~ etching mémoires of midnight rêverie

  • Album runtime: 20 minutes

 I'm aware of one of the members of the group by name and know she and one of the other members came off hiatus earlier in the year. I'm always relieved when a member on hiatus for whatever reason becomes active again, and I hope she is doing well. I also believe this is the first full group album in a while, so that's also an exciting moment.

I'm also aware of the recent controversy of the use of AI in promotional/album artwork for this album, or this particular single. I'm not entirely sure. I also do not condone the use of generative AI in artwork. But that's something to be aware of. 

Audience participation snapping? Be still, my soul. There are a couple of sections where you could actually have audience participation clapping as well, which is even more awesome. Also, this has a funky disco vibe to it, while also having a section that fully reminds me of Paper Machê Man by Phoebe from the TV show FRIENDS. The disco and the jazz/blues this song brings to the table are actually pretty impressive that they managed to fit both into the song without sounding incredibly discordant. That organ brings me joy, but the fact that there's both organ as well as a piano is even better. 

First of all, there's a later rapping section where you've got vocal ad-libs happening behind it. I am all for interesting vocal layering and harmonies, but what makes it better is the fact that instead of having that be a one-and-done, right after that rapping, the ad-libs continue during other vocals. The flavor of the song has changed, but the ad-libs keep a thread of commonality running through both.

Keep It Simple, Stupid. The music video consists mostly of the members jumping on a trampoline, with occasional talking heads and hand drawn, inverted sky drawings interjecting. It's cute. It's sweet. The ending pricks my interest, because of the hint that I'm actually missing something.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Song Review:: FIFTY FIFTY: LOVE TUNE- SOS

Song Review:: NCT Wish: Steady- Dunk Shot {Pre-Release}

September 2024 Wrap Up: We'll Meet Again, Don't Know Where, Don't Know When

Song Review:: Jennie (BLACKPINK): Mantra

Song Review:: Baekhyun (EXO): Hello, World- Pineapple Slice

Song Review:: Oh My Girl: Dreamy Resonance- Classified

Song Review:: RIIZE: RIIZING: Epilogue- Combo

Song Review:: Changsub (BTOB): Lee Changsub Pre-Release 1991- vain hope

Song Review:: Peniel: story of my L:ove- Daydream

Song Review:: Day6: Band Aid- Melt Down