Song Review:: Rose (BLACKPINK) x Bruno Mars: APT.

  • Release date: 2024 October 18
  • Album tracklist: APT.

  • Album runtime: 3 minutes

 If this ends up being on the tracklist for the album (congrats to her on that, by the way!), then I'll edit and fix the information part directly above this paragraph. Without the tracklist, I can't be sure because there could be information I've missed. It's entirely possible because I do pay attention to Moon Jong Up and B.A.P, and I still missed the information on the pre-release. But it's fine. Fixing this post won't be that hard. 

I said it on Jennie's single, and didn't mention it on Lisa's because I had no way of knowing that would be a significant thing to say, but I find it interesting that three of the four members of BLACKPINK have now dropped singles in the last month, where the singles are English focused tracks. This one has the most Korean so far, so now I'm looking at Jisoo to see if she's going to follow suit with the others. 

80s' petty rock here. My word. It's the easiest description of these instrumentals. The most interesting parts are when they get stripped out, as is usual for me because that means the artist isn't afraid of their voice standing on its own, but also during the pre-chorus. It's different every time! Do you realize how refreshing that is? The second chorus has an ascending scale added to it but the fourth and the unending chorus not only has that fabulous ascending scale, but it also has a chorus of voices! Oh, this might be about to get confusing. Okay, the unending chorus features a chorus of voices, which helps keep the unending chorus from becoming flat or stale due to repetition, and instead keeps the brain engaged with uncertainty.

Even though I looked at the lyrics before I listened to it and knew what I'd be hearing, that beat and the rhythm of the words had my brain instantly substituting "Oh, Mickey, you're so fine, you're so fine you blow my mind, get Mickey, hey, hey, hey, Mickey!" This song, other than the Korean within it, wouldn't be out of place with Cyndi Lauper's voice. I had a moment while I was listening to this, I'm not sure which time, where I mentally catapulted to her song On The Ground and subsequently went "Oh! Right! I like her voice!" I vibed a little easier after that. Lady Gaga meets Cyndi Lauper. Bruno Mars has the perfect voice to match with her though.

We have another instalment of weird music videos. But again, the look of it reminds me of something out of the 80s. It's not quite as weird as many of those, but it definitely has its moments, and I love that for it. It really feels like two friends just being goofballs and hanging out. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Song Review:: FIFTY FIFTY: LOVE TUNE- SOS

Song Review:: Jennie (BLACKPINK): Mantra

September 2024 Wrap Up: We'll Meet Again, Don't Know Where, Don't Know When

Song Review:: ITZY: GOLD- Gold

Song Review:: Baekhyun (EXO): Hello, World- Pineapple Slice

Song Review:: Peniel: story of my L:ove- Daydream

Song Review:: Seventeen: SPILL THE FEELS- LOVE, FAME, MONEY (Feat. DJ Khaled)

Song Review:: Jin (BTS): Super Tuna

Song Review:: Day6: Band Aid- Melt Down