Welcome to my K-Pop review blog! Kick up your feet! Relax a moment! Find a new favorite song or remember an old favorite. And remember, you can't spell NU'EST without LOVE.
Christmas Caroling: 2024 Edition
Get link
Facebook
X
Pinterest
Email
Other Apps
-
This will be updated throughout the month as I'm going to include as many of the new holiday or winter songs as are released as I can find. If I missed any, which is likely, please yell at me. I'm also going to include ten "oldies" just for a little bit of variety in age in no particular order. Hope you find one you haven't heard before. (Also, the Country Kko Kko album that song comes from has Feliz Navidad in Korean on it and when I tell you that I giggled, my dog was worried because I haven't laughed that hard in a while. It's a glorious song and breaks my brain a little.)
JUST KIDDING! I'm actually including a bonus 11th because I've been very good about not blabbing about NU'EST constantly, and I'm going to reward myself with sharing the Christmas song they did with Orange Caramel. Babies. It was the year they debuted, and they were all seventeen except for the elderly Aron at the ripe age of nineteen. This will be a staple in all of the Christmas posts because I love it so much, and it's my Christmas gift to me and you.
Orange Caramel, NU'EST
Dashing through the snow in highheels
Now, that I've gotten that out of my system here are the Christmas/holiday/winter songs released in (mostly) December 2024. If I did a review of it, I'll also include it just for sake of ease and completion's sake.
Someone looked at one of my posts using a Linux operating system in the last week. Wow. My eyebrows are raised and I'm a little bit delighted by that. Hello, Linux user. I don't know if you'll see this, but I'm giving you a thumbs up. Hello, everyone else! Welcome, Champions! I know I'm wildly behind with the plan for September, given that it's almost halfway through and I'm only now getting to those posts, so I'll have to move one of my planned August posts to November and one of my originally planned September songs to December. You will get that first gen song this year. September is going to be reserved for the smaller groups. We had big moments in August, and now we're going to get a little bit of a quieter month with smaller groups. Well, metaphorically because this was a nine-member group. Mostly. Sort of. Hence the name. Kind of what it says on the tin. 9MUSES debuted in 2010 under Star Empire as a nine-member group. Again, hence the name. T...
Release date: 2026 August 04 Album tracklist: SWEAT , WHAT! Album runtime: 5 minutes I haven't seen any more issues from them, so I'm going to probationarily pull them off Underage Protocol for this song. Also, congrats on the win! This song is delightfully on the dramatic side of things, but it's not fully theatre kid dramatic, if that makes any sense. It's cool kid drama, which isn't as fun but no less engaging. I'm almost positive the song is an afrobeats song (maybe tropical house? I'm still not positive on some genres), which I am squinting over a little bit because of their previous situation, but it's not something that would immediately qualify them for being put back, especially since none of the members had a hand in the composition. I'll also say that the decrescendo immediately made it qualify for my favorite releases of the year, then when it goes back up to tempo, it feels so much faster. It's the quiet principle in tempo form, wh...
It's the most wonderful time of the year! I'm back with a new selection of Halloween themed or generally spooky songs for you all! Have I spent the year looking for new songs for my playlist? Yes. Yes, yes I have, so if you have anymore suggestions for me, give me the creepy doll songs, the predatory wolfy songs, the haunting and the eerie. I love my Halloween playlist and I listen to it all year long, but October is the official start of when I don't get weird looks from people for listening to it. I am so excited. I get to pull out my Halloween nail polish and the glow in the dark stickers. It's a good time to be me, and also hopefully you as well. So the Halloween recs for you for the year 2025 are: Welcome To The Other Side by DPR Ian (C-Clown) Yes, he's Australian, but he was in the K-Pop group C-Clown, which is one of my beloved 2012s, so I'm counting him. Also, this song is super spooky with dramatic strings at the beginning and artistically applied au...
Release date: 2024 December 26 Album tracklist: 신아브로 (Gradually) , Bye My Only Universe, We Are Forever, Make Me Strong, Dear Little Star Album runtime: 18 minutes I don't normally include the Korean titles because it's inconvenient for me when I'm on the computer but given that this one has no English lyrics at all, it feels disingenuous to have the English title only. The timing is also hilarious for me given that I just covered both a VIXX song as well as a remake of one of Ken's songs. The alignment of the stars brings me a little bit of joy, and I'm glad for it to have happened. It's cute. I'm patiently waiting to see when VIXX puts out a new album, but in the meantime, I'm happy to see what the members do individually. I accidentally left the whole album on and wandered away from the device. But I have to say that there are some songs on here where he is flexing a phenomenal voice, and wow . Also, take a look at that runtime. Yes. There are enou...
Alrighty-roo. I went back and took a look at some of the songs I shared with y'all in the other Halloween posts, and decided that I'd put this one on the short list for October this year. The shortlist is twenty songs long, for the record, so I'm not going to cover all of them right now, but I thought that this would be a good one to follow a behemoth of a group. As I said in the Halloween post in 2024, I wouldn't have discovered this group and this song if they hadn't released a new song. Ish. Seriously, this is an underrated group and it's impressive they survived as long as they did. They made it the full seven years of their contract, which is four more than the average girl group, so I just want that acknowledgement for them. Also, their fandom colors are Joyful Green and Cheerful Yellow, and that's just so precious that they actually have colors and what those colors are called. I know that's a bit weird with how dark this song is, but most of th...
Okay, everyone! Back to my September of groups that deserve more attention because they shouldn't be forgotten! This isn't even the newest group that we're going to be talking about this month because the next one is even younger, but I think they have survived technically longer. I've actually got a couple of HOT ISSUE's songs in one of my playlists already, though this is not one of them. I just decided that I wanted something a lot more upbeat than what I was going to get from S#arp. So. The reality is the group lasted less than a year, which is even worse than the three year average for girl groups. But the song doesn't know that. HOT ISSUE debuted in 2021 as a seven-member group under S2 Entertainment, a company that was set up by one of the founders of Cube Entertainment, which automatically tells me that this group has some vocals on them. It also makes sense that I found them and added songs to playlists despite their less than a year of official activi...
I'm not super familiar with most of their discography and even though Sangyeon was on my enlistment wall (I've got a softness for him because his birthday is near mine), I wasn't initially planning on doing a discharge post for him. Then, to my surprise, I got this request in The Form from someone who just found my little blog from a post I shared on Tumblr, asking if I'd do this song for Sangyeon's discharge. Naturally! Discharge posts and anniversary posts are two of my favorite kinds of posts to do because they're just happy times usually. And I'm excited to do this specific one because while I've heard a couple of songs from this album, I haven't actually heard this one, so you're also introducing me to a new song. I also find it slightly satisfying that I'd already planned to do a song by a group from this company (sort of) this month, so I'm very much not opposed to including The Boyz here because they too have languished under a ga...
Everyone! It is time for the best season of the year! We're back with another batch of songs for the month of Spookening! Whoo! As always, because I am a connoisseur of the creepy, I spend basically all year scouring for the spooky and the dark songs. Basically, if I'm not in a specific mood playlist or my regular listening playlist, I've had my ears buried in spooky playlists. And I found some whoppers, but I can only fit so many into this unless I want to make it four hours long. You'd have to get my personal Halloween playlist if you want one that long though. It's the most wonderful time of the year! Without any further ado, here are your 2026 Halloween recs: Mirotic by TVXQ! You may be wondering why I'm putting this song in a Halloween playlist when it's famously known for being quite sexy, and sexiness alone does not qualify it for this playlist. However, I'd like to point out the elements of the music video which would qualify it for this playl...
Yeah, I'm still continuing this. Needed some mental motivation and then I got a nice little boost, so here we are, here you are, and here this is. This comes to you from The Form , so if you've got a song you want me to highlight, go for it. Throw as many or as few as you want. For the person who submitted this, I hope it finds you. And also for the dance practice you want me to highlight. I too am very much into the dance practices, so I'm deeply looking forward to this. This is my second Stray Kids post for either a GH or a BBS, the first being My Pace , so it'll be fun to do one that is a lot more recent. (I have another one on the list suggested by my Stay friend, so that'll happen eventually) Before I begin with the chatting about the cool bits of the song, if any of you get hit by the Felix Effect, do let me know. If you don't want to let me know here, you can find me over on Tumblr (or wherever else you happen to have found this, I post them in places). ...
Release date: 2026 August 07 Album tracklist: RUN IT , THIS & THAT , After You, FARMING , I Do, Way Out, Back Then, This & That - (Festival Version) Album runtime: 25 minutes Wow, I've managed to be so late in doing this one that they've dropped another single. I'm just perpetually behind. It's fine. I'm telling you, every time I'm not immediately enamoured with a title track of theirs, the b-sides hit me in the brain perfectly. Most of this song is balanced in such a way that the verses have a song instrumental, so the vocals don't have sound competition, the chorus gets a big burst followed by an even bigger burst. And it's very well-balanced. But then, there's a late stage complete tonal shift that sounds nothing like the rest of the song. That's where we get the experimental, Stray Kids patented noise music. It's brief and discordant and I find it very charming because it's brief. This works as a b-side very well. I think eve...
Comments
Post a Comment