Song Review:: Loosemble: TTYL- TTYL

 

  • Release date: 2024 September 02
  • Album tracklist: Fanaticism, TTYL, Cotton Candy, Confessions, Hocus Pocus, Secret Diary
  • Album runtime: 18 minutes

I know that Loosemble is former Loona, who I actually kind of like from the limited amount that I've seen from them, mostly from Queendom 2. I haven't listened to Loosemble before, but I was tentatively excited.

The opening for TTYL unnerved me. It reminds me of Portal and GLaDOS, which I'm sure is not the comparison any of them were intending to make. I would think the song was cute, because it is. But the chorus freaks me out. The song is soft and floaty, which matches their voices well.

I do actually really like the hollow knocking in the pre-chorus. It's an interesting sound I haven't heard before. I'm not sure what instrument it is, but it's good and curious. It's not distracting enough for me to get over the GLaDOS sound that is layered over their voices in the chorus, but it's pretty cool.

The passing of the parts in the music video, I like. Visually bouncing between the girls as we hear them pass the parts around is a good point of synchronicity. I'm not however sure that there's much of a cohesive story within the music video. There are obvious symbols happening with the girls, specifically the cat's eye and the apple tree, but I'm not sure what they're supposed to mean or connect. And maybe because I'm not a fan, I'm not supposed to know. But normally, music videos have a story to connect to the lyrics, even when you, like me, don't understand the lyrics. This is a very fluffy song, but I'm not sure of it's specific genre. Still, I like the choreography. It's cute. The music video is also cute, even if I don't understand what I'm supposed to be understanding. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Song Review:: Taemin (SHINee): Eternal- Sexy in the Air

Song Review:: fromis_9: Supersonic- Supersonic

Song Review:: Moonbyul (Mamamoo): Starlight of Twinkle : REPACKAGE- Is This Love?