Song Review:: Loosemble: TTYL- Confessions

 

  • Release date: 2024 September 02
  • Album tracklist: Fanaticism, TTYLCotton Candy, Confessions, Hocus Pocus, Secret Diary
  • Album runtime: 18 minutes

Third and...last one from the album? I'm getting pretty familiar with their music, at least from here. I liked one. I was okay with the other. Let's see how this one is. Good runtime. I dig that.

Oh, I really like the beat here. It's punchy and gritty and surprisingly industrial. At a high enough volume, these instrumentals are going to rattle my bones and make me want my earplugs, and I couldn't be more here for it. And then the switch at 2:24 that pretends to soften the song, but what it really does is gently guide you onto the rug, only for the rug to then be yanked out from underneath you with the science fiction warbling over that dubstep that then follows. There are a couple of sections that remind me of a steampunk lullaby. The genres in this song. I think I'm in love a little bit.

I think my favorite thing about the vocals is they sound kind of sweet, which is an interesting tonal dissonance with the steampunk and the science fiction and the dubstep, and then you just get smacked by the rap. I really like that this song isn't content to just sit with what it's supposed to be. Instead, both the vocals and the instrumentals shift and change, but they don't always shift and change at the same time. I'm delighted and fascinated by all of this.

They're apparently continuing with the black widow theme from Cotton Candy that I was super into. But this time around, I think it's a lot more of a harem thing. I definitely was keeping it to subtext in Cotton Candy. Here, it's basically full-blown text, no more sub. Go for it, girls. Have your harem after being black widows. That would be the way to do it. I'm just saying. Have the love triangles. Trio of songs, some love triangles. Three, three, three. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Song Review:: Taemin (SHINee): Eternal- Sexy in the Air

Song Review:: fromis_9: Supersonic- Supersonic

Song Review:: Moonbyul (Mamamoo): Starlight of Twinkle : REPACKAGE- Is This Love?