Song Review:: DXMON: HYPER LINK : Vol. 3- CHEESE
- Release date: 2026 July 06
- Album tracklist: CHEESE, SEXY BACK
- Album runtime: 5 minutes
Not even five minutes for the single. It's fine. I'm fine. The title track is almost acceptable, but overall? What is that? Also, even though vol. 2 is sitting in my notebook waiting for me to do it because of how painfully behind I am, I wanted to do at least one review from this month today. So, CHEESE gets that spot. Well done, CHEESE.
The electric guitar is being used as punctuation, which I am here for. It's a nice use of the instrument and one we haven't gotten quite this aggressive in a while. The slightly odd rhythm of some of the instruments, especially considering most of them aren't getting a legato set of notes for a melody. We get a lot of chords, which is fun, but it's only the pre-chorus and to a lesser extent the chorus that get a proper melody going on in the instrumental. I like the use of the camera flash sound effect as well as what sounds like a disposable camera click.
It's a good mix of rapping and singing here. Nothing is repeated enough that I'm driven to distraction and you can actually tell when we've moved to a different section. The cool part is that this would actually make an ideal end-of-concert song. Give the members cameras while they're going around a big venue on the carts (one day they'll play stadiums). It could work even in a smaller arena with just a thrust stage. But just let them goof off, because there are spots built into the song for them to be a bit looser and just be goofy and have fun. There are ad-libs all over the place in this song. Verses, chorus, final chorus. Everything has at least one spot where there's more than one member doing something and doing something fun to add to the atmosphere of the song.
This song has the perfect vibe to have Dino from Seventeen absolutely eating it up. Please let them do a dance challenge together. This is actually a pretty simple music video, but there's a strong sense of fun and humor to it that makes it a little bit goofy.
Comments
Post a Comment