Song Review:: Oh My Girl: Dreamy Resonance- Classified

  • Release date: 2024 August 26
  • Album tracklist: Classified, Start Up, La La La La, Sway (YOU and I), Love Me Like You Do, Heavenly

  • Album runtime: 20 minutes

Oh, look! It's the girl group that has a member who was in the Kdrama that started me on this path. Even if their voices are usually too high pitched for me to really enjoy, I'm still fond of them. And oh, my gosh. I love this song.

The back instrumentals sound so much like a JRPG I instantly fell in love. What could have been vacuous and fluffy instead is orchestral and magnificent. This would not have been out of place in a Final Fantasy. Which I'm so here for. Starting with the piano and then layering in strings and a ticking clock? Fantastic. I like stringed instruments. I
really like stringed instruments. This is another song that I'd love to just have the soundtrack to, and I'd definitely add it to one of my instrumental playlists. Just beautiful.

Another thing that I'm a huge fan of is going up and down scales. I love scales when I sing myself, and hearing them in songs is one of life's little pleasures for me. I also really love how there are sections of this song where the vocalist is just hanging out on a single note, and it's the rhythm that gets the focus. And normally, I feel like rap sections usually stand out in songs, but this one just felt so natural that I was incredibly impressed. And they had multiple members singing different parts at the same time for a couple of sections. Swoon! Regular listening playlist, here we come.

One word for the music video: dollhouse. I'm not sure if it's a haunted dollhouse, or if they vanished because the other girls had stopped playing with them, but it's very whimsical. The choreography we see matches everything incredibly well. Although now that I'm thinking about it, I'm not sure if fairy or doll matches them better. You don't typically see dolls in a garden, but there are types of fairies that live in houses. There's just something about some of the sets that just vibe more with dollhouse though. Oh, well. It's a lovely music video, and it fits the concept so incredibly well.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Song Review:: Taemin (SHINee): Eternal- Sexy in the Air

Song Review:: fromis_9: Supersonic- Supersonic

Song Review:: Moonbyul (Mamamoo): Starlight of Twinkle : REPACKAGE- Is This Love?