Song Review:: P1Harmony: SAD SONG- SAD SONG

  • Release date: 2024 September 20
  • Album tracklist: SAD SONG, It's Alright, Last Call, Welcome To, All You, WASP, SAD SONG (English Version)
  • Album runtime: 22 minutes

 Everything I've seen of P1Harmony tells me that I'd really enjoy them if I actually sat down and went through their discography. They perform well live. They're funny. Soul is a member of the group, and we both love potatoes. And that one video where three of them went of Joon and Brian's show lives in my brain rent free because both sets were just so funny. The older generation was shocking to the younger. The younger generation had a swag that baffled the older. It was all good. So very, very good.

I don't know how else I'd describe the piano going on through the instrumentals other than "latin wild west saloon".  I was trying to figure out a better way to put it, but that's all I could come up with. Which means, aesthetically, SAD SONG and Arriba by ATEEZ vibe together and wouldn't be out of place in a playlist. I'm a huge fan of it, but then I like that kind of sound. I'm not sure everyone does. Like, salsa dancing in a saloon. And since that's the dominant parts of the instrumental, that's the party where I get to hang out and jam in the song. And then there's the crescendo during the parts that aren't the saloon party, with the beat on what sounds like wooden blocks. It's all good.

That pre-chorus. The chorus is good. It's a little rappy for my taste, but it's good. But the pre-chrorus! Swoon. One of them has some lovely vibrato to his voice, subtle enough that it doesn't overwhelm the music, but enough to stroke his part and make it that much more striking. 

There is a lot going on in the music video. And when I say a lot, I mean, there is a lot going on. A cafĂ© is kind of a saloon with a lot less drinking. And one of them does wear a cowboy hat. But if I were to just watch the music video without sound, I'm not sure I'd know what the song was about. I have to laugh at the opening shot with them all slumped over with the fan and the ribbons. It's very good about placing you within the video, and the phantom heat hits hard. I'm not sure what the heatwave has to do with the song, other than evoking the southwest maybe because of the cowboy hat, but it's fun. It's charming. I think maybe it's the concept of dancing through the pain? I don't know. I don't think I get it. Which is fine. I still like the music video. The choreography looks great and seems as weird as the music video.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Song Review:: Taemin (SHINee): Eternal- Sexy in the Air

Song Review:: fromis_9: Supersonic- Supersonic

Song Review:: Moonbyul (Mamamoo): Starlight of Twinkle : REPACKAGE- Is This Love?