Song Review:: 8TURN: 8.X- Stagefright
- Release date: 2026 July 21
- Album tracklist: Stagefright, 8PM
- Album runtime: 5 minutes
I'm so excited that they're coming back to my city. They put on a pretty good concert, even with how small that venue was, and I like a lot of their music. EXCEL is still my favorite song of theirs, but even then, they've released a few other songs I like nearly as well. I'm just happy that they're still active. I really am.
There is a specific level of sultry drama in the instrumental. While the instrumental has the slow beat that lets the ong have a little bit of an inherent weight, the actual instruments being used are largely light and high. The instrumental uses the heavy weight of a lone percussion as punctuation for the song instead of letting the ong ahve a swagger weight through the whole thing. I imagine that we're going to get some very smooth choreography with this song. I also mostly love how the instrumental falls out from underneath the rapping to let him stand alone, and of course the end of the ong is a cappella, which is a little bit of a bold choice, and I'm here for that.
We've got a range of vocal texture, and I'm also pleased to note that the song in't so high-pitched through the entire thing that I have to spend the entire time in my mixed voice. Will I have to a little bit? Yes. But, it's not the entire song, so I'm happy about this. The rapping is also low enough to compensate and balance out the falsetto. I can't believe I'm about to say this but I kind of wish that this was a little bit more rapping, becaue I think the difference in texture would be good song. And, you know, it could also boost the runtime of the song a bit.
We have another entry into the black-and-white music video category with this one. And I was right about the choreography. This is very vibes and visuals, which is fine because it looks cool and I've gotten a good dose of ones with storylines lately, so an outlier is okay.
Comments
Post a Comment