Song Review:: Bijou: Summer Night 2026
- Release date: 2026 July 24
- Album tracklist: Summer Night 2026, Summer Night 2026 - Instrumental
- Album runtime: 3 minutes
Okay. So. I'm sure you're all aware that I try to pay specific attention to the first Gen groups when they drop new music. And this isn't technically new music in the way we might think, but it is a new edition, so to speak, from their 2017 song. Oh, and they're a co-ed group. We need the co-ed groups to stay active because there are so few of them.
Ah, listen to that saxophone at the beginning. I wish it lingered a little bit more throughout the song, but it pops up enough that I'm okay with it not being present throughout. Funnily enough, when the saxophone isn't around, it sounds like video game menu music for something that's brightly colored with cute animals. It's kind of Viva Pinata, you know? The saxophone ages it up a little and turns it into easy listening, and it's really nice, and then it goes back to the menu music. I'm kind of delighted by this dichotomy.
Okay, look. I know I have a thing for the first gen groups. Also, funny story, I have a song on my docket that I want to cover by them, so this is a pleasant surprise on my end. But they sound so good. I mean, the vocals alone are vibrato filled and stunning and harmonic that I'm swooning over here. I'm in love. I might have to bump that song up in my list that I want to cover. The vocals here just kind float and soar in the most incredible way. Everything I want. All three. Vibrato, check. Harmonies, check. Vocal runs or belts, check. And we get an even better texture contrast than normal because we have the male-female vocal combo. I'm happy.
No music video, which is sadness.
Comments
Post a Comment