Song Review:: ASC2NT: Conversion Part 1- Sweet Devil

 

  • Release date: 2024 October 04
  • Album tracklist: Sweet Devil, Checkmate, Your Echo

  • Album runtime: 9 minutes

I know very little about ASC2NT.  I think they might be a 23/24 debut and I know they're a boy group. But other than that...It's amazing how many groups I know nothing about, but I suppose that's what happens when there are more than three hundred active groups right now.

AH! I do know them! Kind of! This is the group where the older three were on Peak Time and then they redebuted this last May with two more as a five member group! I really liked those three, and I'm still upset about that! I'm happy Vanner won, but that was not cool what happened to these guys. 

Anyway, I'm glad to see them putting out another single. I knew I recognized this name.

Hello there, electric guitar. The instrumentals have some very interesting instruments going on with something that sounds kind of like a cow bell, but I'm almost positive isn't. A triangle? It's something closer to a cowbell but more stick-like. No, wait, there actually might be a cowbell. That's something I don't think I've heard before from a K-Pop song. Not that this particular instrument is common anyway. They've got some of the funky groove that is so popular right now, but filtered through a rock lens, which makes the song sound older, fitting the relatively older ages of the members. Something about this song reminds of Down by TVXQ!, which is my favorite song from that album. It's doesn't have quite the same punch as that song, but there's still a good level of power to the song. 

Look. I know that the lyrics are "sweet devil" but I keep hearing "sweet denim", which turns this into a very different song. It might be popular to debut younger members, especially with boy groups because then the companies have more time to get more money out of them before they have to enlist, but there is something to be said for the tone of fully mature voices, something this group shows off well in Sweet Devil. The quality on display, the competence, the skill being shown, it's all indicative of their age. Even the two new members which got added to the older, experienced trio keep up well. And I don't know which one he is, but one of them has a luscious, deeper voice. 

This choreography is so cool. This is almost more of a performance video than a music video, but I am absolutely not complaining, not with the choreography happening here. The wanted posters are a nice touch, matches the bad boy rocker vibes going on. Powerful dancing is one of my favorite things about watching boy groups, and this song has it in spades. Wow. The lighting for the video is also incredible.  I feel like I've said nothing helpful about the video, but I don't think I care. I'm going to go watch some of their music show stages now.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Song Review:: Taemin (SHINee): Eternal- Sexy in the Air

Song Review:: fromis_9: Supersonic- Supersonic

Song Review:: Moonbyul (Mamamoo): Starlight of Twinkle : REPACKAGE- Is This Love?

Song Review:: FIFTY FIFTY: LOVE TUNE- SOS

Song Review:: xikers: HOUSE OF TRICKY: WATCH OUT- Witch

Song Review:: Changsub (BTOB): Lee Changsub Pre-Release 1991- vain hope

Song Review:: NCT Wish: Steady- Dunk Shot {Pre-Release}

Song Review:: A.C.E.: Anymore

Song Review:: ZEROBASEONE: Cinema Paradise- GOOD SO BAD

September 2024 Wrap Up: We'll Meet Again, Don't Know Where, Don't Know When