Song Review:: DAESUNG (BIGBANG): Falling Slowly

 

  • Release date: 2024 March 05
  • Album tracklist: Falling Slowly, Light

  • Album runtime: 7 minutes

Ah, a proper song length. I'm writing this before the frantic rush of the next few days in terms of releases, because competition there will be fierce. And also to start to pad out the March releases because somebody had to get a win on a music show months later. I joke. I'm actually very happy for them. And I picked this one because I scrolled randomly, and his was the one my cursor was on when I stopped.

I feel like Daesung needs very little introduction. He is the maknae of BIGBANG after all. 

The instrumentals for this song are absolutely gorgeous with a lovely acoustic guitar that gets to spend time at the front of the song, before it hands over the reigns to an electric for very strategic sections. But seriously, that beginning is one of the most soothing things. There's a sense of the bittersweet to it, because at no point is there a strong bass driving the song, and the hollow thumping of the drums does an excellent job of stabilizing it without energizing it. 

I could listen to this song on repeat for hours without even meaning to, and I actually have. His voice isn't one of the absolute best I've heard out of K-Pop, though I'm very curious to hear what it sounds like live and in person, but it's probably one of my favorites despite that. First of all, he has a vibrato and clearly knows how to use it, something I've noticed later generations moving away from. Second, while this isn't the default state of his voice, there are a couple of brief moments in this song where shifts away from the very clear tone of his voice to more of a growl, which is some incredible control. The training is evident in that fully mature voice. Is this a sad song? Probably, if I remember correctly. But goodness me.

Yeah. Okay. First line confirms the sad song, and I'm not sure I ever actually watched the music video when it came out. I just usually have the song on repeat for hours at a time because the sound of it settles my brain. I definitely did not watch the music video when it came out because what in the K-drama? I would have remembered that. I definitely would have remembered that. Also, I'm kind of glad to know I was wrong about what happened, because what in the K-drama? That's an easy to follow storyline. The acting is impeccable, which considering I think they're actors makes sense. The set production was incredible. Oh, my goodness. I need to rewatch that because I know there were details I missed.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Song Review:: FIFTY FIFTY: LOVE TUNE- SOS

Song Review:: NCT Wish: Steady- Dunk Shot {Pre-Release}

September 2024 Wrap Up: We'll Meet Again, Don't Know Where, Don't Know When

Song Review:: Jennie (BLACKPINK): Mantra

Song Review:: Baekhyun (EXO): Hello, World- Pineapple Slice

Song Review:: Oh My Girl: Dreamy Resonance- Classified

Song Review:: RIIZE: RIIZING: Epilogue- Combo

Song Review:: Changsub (BTOB): Lee Changsub Pre-Release 1991- vain hope

Song Review:: Peniel: story of my L:ove- Daydream

Song Review:: Day6: Band Aid- Melt Down