Song Review:: Kiss of Life: Get Loud- Get Loud

 

  • Release date: 2024 October 15
  • Album tracklist: Get Loud, R.E.M, Chemistry, Igloo, Too Many Alex, Back To Me, No One But Us
  • Album runtime: 19 minutes

Okay. I'm going to repeat that I do not condone the use of AI in the promotional/album artwork. With that disclaimer out of the way, I actually am excited for this album. I've liked what I've heard of the group so far. 

The opening bit of the song with the guitar was an interesting use of the instrument I haven't heard in a while, and combining it with the audience participation snapping is also an interesting choice for the beginning. Normally the audience participation snapping comes a lot later in the song, after the audience has been suitably hyped. The instrumentals have a bit of a tropical/Caribbean vibe to them. I don't know why I'm also catching a touch of Flamenco in the instrumentals. 

They have some really cool harmonies going on in this song. Plus! Something that I do not hear enough of and that's an ascending scale. It does double back, but the fact that it's even there is something I appreciate when I hear it. Also, starting with whispering on top of the guitar? Nice. I'm not in love with the song. But it is nice to listen to.

That's a CGI wolf and I love it. I don't know how I feel about the costumes here. Some of them are really cool. Others are...interesting. The sets are very well done. The snippets of the choreography we see are actually really cool so I would be curious to see what it looks like as a full stage. I think they did a good job with it.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Song Review:: FIFTY FIFTY: LOVE TUNE- SOS

Song Review:: NCT Wish: Steady- Dunk Shot {Pre-Release}

September 2024 Wrap Up: We'll Meet Again, Don't Know Where, Don't Know When

Song Review:: Jennie (BLACKPINK): Mantra

Song Review:: Baekhyun (EXO): Hello, World- Pineapple Slice

Song Review:: Oh My Girl: Dreamy Resonance- Classified

Song Review:: RIIZE: RIIZING: Epilogue- Combo

Song Review:: Changsub (BTOB): Lee Changsub Pre-Release 1991- vain hope

Song Review:: Peniel: story of my L:ove- Daydream

Song Review:: Day6: Band Aid- Melt Down