Song Review:: Kim Sejeong (I.O.I/gugudan): Solar System

  • Release date: 2025 December 17

  • Album tracklist: Solar System

  • Album runtime: 4 minutes

 It turns out that I have quite a few songs from her album saved to playlists, but this is the first one of her songs that I'll be reviewing. 

The piano is the dominant instrument here, with an occasional acoustic guitar and some strings. It creates a very soft sound relying on a melody to create a slow, gentle beat rather than using shorthand with percussion instruments. And yes, I know technically the piano is both stringed and percussion, which is why that is where we look to for a beat for this song. 

This sounds like the kind of song that my grandmother would have sung to me when I was little. I can practically feel her stroking my hair. There's nothing flashy about this song, just grounded, soft, and sweet, the perfect lullaby.

So, unfortunately I cannot watch this music video. I try to avoid things with old people that are sad, or even bittersweet. I made it thirty seconds in. I'm sure it's lovely. I can't.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Song Review:: Super Junior: Super Junior 25- Express Mode

Song Review:: KickFlip: Flip It, Kick It- Umm Great {Pre-Debut}

Song Review:: NEXZ: Beat-Boxer- I'm Him {Pre-Release}

Song Review:: ALL(H)OURS: SMOKE POINT- Graffiti {Pre-Release}

Greatest Hits:: Hyo (Girls' Generation): Sober

Song Review:: Ken (VIXX): PUZZLE- 신아브로 (Gradually)

Battle of the B-Sides: 9Muses: Miss Agent

Greatest Hits:: BIGBANG: Sober

Song Review:: VVS: AFTER HOURS- BOTTLE$

Song Review:: ILLIT: I'LL LIKE YOU- Cherish (My Love)