Song Review:: ILLIT: MAMIHLAPINATAPAI- It's Me

  • Release date: 2026 April 30
  • Album tracklist: GRWM (Get Ready With Me); It's Me; paw, paw!; Mamihlapinatapai; Love, older you
  • Album runtime: 13 minutes

 I will get to the May reviews eventually. I promise. HYBE needs to stop forcing their groups to have two-minute songs for the title tracks.

This is surprisingly clangy, a lot more so than I was expecting. The instrumental is a pretty strong EDM, with a heavy dose of nightclub and action scene, so the choreography had better match that. 

I'm going to be looking at the lyrics, but I would swear that they're saying "Who's your bias? I'm your bias" at the beginning and throughout the song, and I just hit my limit on being able to listen to this song on repeat. There are a couple of spots where I remember thinking that I needed to remember to talk about it, because that part was actually kind of interesting but the entirety of the song in my temporary memory has been taken up by "Who's your bias? I'm your bias" and now I'm just irritated with this song. I'm glad they have something like this for concerts though.

This feels like a bit of a clap-back. Good for them. It's a bit weird, which I'm all here for, and there's something off about it, which, if that's on purpose, is perfect. But I also know that there are usually some odd things going on in their music videos.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Song Review:: Super Junior: Super Junior 25- Express Mode

Song Review:: KickFlip: Flip It, Kick It- Umm Great {Pre-Debut}

Song Review:: NEXZ: Beat-Boxer- I'm Him {Pre-Release}

Song Review:: ALL(H)OURS: SMOKE POINT- Graffiti {Pre-Release}

Greatest Hits:: Hyo (Girls' Generation): Sober

Song Review:: Ken (VIXX): PUZZLE- 신아브로 (Gradually)

Battle of the B-Sides: 9Muses: Miss Agent

Greatest Hits:: BIGBANG: Sober

Song Review:: VVS: AFTER HOURS- BOTTLE$

Song Review:: ILLIT: I'LL LIKE YOU- Cherish (My Love)