Song Review:: NEXZ: Mmchk- Mmchk

  • Release date: 2026 April 27
  • Album tracklist: Mmchk, HYPEMAN, Mmchk (English Version)
  • Album runtime: 8 minutes

 Okay, this one is unlikely to feature buff men in dresses, but obviously the odds of that happening are not zero apparently. If it happens a third time, I'm going to ask for my nickels. I'm appalled by the run time though. I just noticed it partway through the review (because I haven't written the above information yet), and it's a two-and-a-half minute title track.

We've got a very strong beat with this, but we also don't have a skittering beat. It's a little bit more hip-hop than I want to be listening to generally, but there's a lot more variation than I was expecting. That's two sentences in a row with the word "but". There's a fun acceleration at the midway point, but there's something that I want from the song, but is dissatisfying. Looking at the runtime, that might be what the issue is. 

We do have the shouting thing going on in this song, and it is pretty rap-heavy, but when we get the vocals, it's actually a decent showing of vocals, so I'm assuming that the rap is the same. It's a bit more repetitive in sound than I'd like to be hearing, but I'm willing to chalk that mostly up to the runtime. 

Storytelling through the use of color. Yes. I love that they're just doing their own thing while everyone just kind of ignores them in their drab colors. I appreciate this.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Song Review:: Super Junior: Super Junior 25- Express Mode

Song Review:: KickFlip: Flip It, Kick It- Umm Great {Pre-Debut}

Song Review:: NEXZ: Beat-Boxer- I'm Him {Pre-Release}

Song Review:: ALL(H)OURS: SMOKE POINT- Graffiti {Pre-Release}

Greatest Hits:: Hyo (Girls' Generation): Sober

Song Review:: Ken (VIXX): PUZZLE- 신아브로 (Gradually)

Battle of the B-Sides: 9Muses: Miss Agent

Greatest Hits:: BIGBANG: Sober

Song Review:: VVS: AFTER HOURS- BOTTLE$

Song Review:: ILLIT: I'LL LIKE YOU- Cherish (My Love)