Song Review:: Park Jihoon (Wanna One): RE:FLECT- Bodyelse

  • Release date: 2026 April 29
  • Album tracklist: Bodyelse, Watercolor, I can't hold your hand anymore
  • Album runtime: 10 minutes

 It’s an interesting title for the song, I’m not going to lie. I’m curious to see how it works out. The man is also ridiculously busy, so it’ll be interesting to see how it’s used or applied or if it’s going to be a Korean play on words that I don’t understand because my Korean is not that good yet. 

Something about this instrumental is putting me to sleep, not that it’s particularly difficult because I’m incredibly tired, but even the chorus, which admittedly does have more energy and pizzazz to it, isn’t enough to keep my eyes from trying to drift shut. Not that it’s boring, which it isn’t. There’s actually a decent amount of variation going on here, like a little bit of a music box sound underneath the slightly skittering beat. But it’s just perfect to make me want to get all comfortable and snooze.

His voice follows suit as well. It’s the soft and breathy meant to convey a softer emotion and isn’t supported enough to make him feel firm with it. It’s a comfortable song to sing without any strenuous notes on either end of the spectrum, which is a shame because the hint of vibrato we hear every once in a while makes me a little antsy to hear more of it and I’m thwarted in that desire. It also still wants to put me to sleep, so I don’t know what to tell you about that contradiction. The song exists as a multitude.

This music video is mostly storyline, and I'm so happy about it. It's kind of a precious music video, actually, and because we get so much storyline, it makes for a stronger song.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Battle of the B-Sides:: WJSN: Pantomime

Music Show Wins:: Week of 07/08 - 07/14

Song Review:: Billlie: appendix: Of All We Have Lost- trampoline {Pre-Release}

Song Review:: 8TURN: 8.X- Stagefright

Battle of the B-Sides:: Monsta X: Hero

Battle of the B-Sides:: f(x): Shadow

Music Show Wins:: Week of 09/17 - 09/23

Greatest Hits:: AOA: Miniskirt

Song Review:: Bijou: Summer Night 2026

May 2026 Wrap-Up: What Happens In Vegas