Song Review:: POW: WHY

  • Release date: 2026 May 05
  • Album tracklist: WHY
  • Album runtime: 2 minutes

 Two-and-a-half minutes. I know I harp about it a lot, but I refuse to not continue to do so because it is ridiculous that I'm grateful for songs over three minutes. I've finally remembered when I see their name that I really like them, which is progress on my end!

This is a fun little instrumental. It's not quite fully in celebratory or party mode, but the energy is excellent and bright all the same. It is making me wonder a little if this is one of those songs that sounds really upbeat and cheerful but then you look at the lyrics and you realize the song is depressing. But I am pleased overall with the little touches of variation here. The energy shifts are what I'm looking for.

The last little bit of the song, the vocals just kind of pile on each other in the most entertaining way. It's not fully scratching the itch that I have for the bright energy song, but I'm down with this vocally. This is nice.

No music video, which is a bit concerning considering this is a small group and a small company, but I'm I'm still happy that they're releasing music.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Song Review:: Super Junior: Super Junior 25- Express Mode

Song Review:: KickFlip: Flip It, Kick It- Umm Great {Pre-Debut}

Song Review:: NEXZ: Beat-Boxer- I'm Him {Pre-Release}

Song Review:: ALL(H)OURS: SMOKE POINT- Graffiti {Pre-Release}

Greatest Hits:: Hyo (Girls' Generation): Sober

Song Review:: Ken (VIXX): PUZZLE- 신아브로 (Gradually)

Battle of the B-Sides: 9Muses: Miss Agent

Greatest Hits:: BIGBANG: Sober

Song Review:: VVS: AFTER HOURS- BOTTLE$

Song Review:: ILLIT: I'LL LIKE YOU- Cherish (My Love)