Song Review:: Queenz Eye: PRISM EP.02- Y2K

  • Release date: 2026 May 28
  • Album tracklist: Y2K, LBD, THIS ISLOVE (Kor ver.), THIS IS LOVE (Eng ver.), Y2K (Sped up ver.), Y2K (Instrumental), LBD (Instrumental)
  • Album runtime: 20 minutes

 How late am I? Almost two months late with this, actually. But, this was sitting waiting to be done in my notebook I've designated for writing my reviews because I just really enjoy writing by hand, a lot more than typing.

This song is making my joints ache in a very specific birth-year-starts-with-a-one sort of way. The sound of the phone dialing at the beginning is bringing back some memories I was not expecting to have such visceral flashback to. You never hear that sound anymore. And the sound of the dial-up modem? Even more stress. Interestingly, the instrumental itself doesn't really sound like an instrumental from around 2000. This isn't loud enough.

The chanting right before the dial up modem sound does in fact sound very 90s however. I just realized that I never double checked ages, and I should have because this got a lot more streams than it should have. Ah, well. I can listen to this next September after the manager turns eighteen. Anyway, the vocals rea actually pretty strong here and now I've completely forgotten what this song sounds like. I like it though. I really like this song. It's been added to the playlist for the songs released this year that I really liked. I'm not so fond with it only being two-and-a-half minutes though. I am not about that.

...If the future is calling, and the future is Y2K...When is this supposed to be set? Sorry. Ignore me. Mostly. Just confused. I do deeply appreciate the amount of color that's in the costuming and the cut of the clothing. And as I understand it, low cut jeans are coming back, not as low cut as we had them, but a lot of the fashion is coming back again. I wish the storyline was stronger, because there actually was potential for a time travelling storyline to match with the lyrics. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Halloween Spookening: 2024 Edition

Battle of the B-Sides:: Candy Shop: Candy#

Greatest Hits:: Seventeen: Not Alone {Japanese}

Greatest Hits:: Girl's Day: Something

Song Review:: IU: A flower bookmark, Pt. 3- Never Ending Story

Song Review:: Taemin (SHINee): Eternal- Sexy in the Air

Song Review:: BSS (Seventeen): Teleparty- CBZ (Prime Time)

Battle of the B-Sides:: NU'EST: Thank You (Evening by Evening)

Song Review:: fromis_9: From Our 20's- LIKE YOU BETTER

Battle of the B-Sides:: Pentagon: When I Was In Love