Song Review:: RESCENE: Pretty Girl
- Release date: 2026 July 08
- Album tracklist: Pretty Girl
- Album runtime: 3 minutes
We are on Underage Protocol for this group until November, so they're so close to being taken off the list. Also, congrats on the win!
It did not take ong for me to add this song to the playlist I keep to keep track of which song get released this year that I really enjoy. There's a bright intensity to the instrumental that is slow enough that it doesn't feel aggressive or frenetic. Most of this is due to the electric guitar and the drums being as steady and present as they are, and honestly, even though there isn't a lot of variation going on in the instrumental, it's not gratingly repetitive in a way that makes me twitchy, which is a good thing. I'm loving the rock. I wish that there was either a big uptick in energy or a very soft downturn, but what's here is still good.
What flow in energy that there is for the song allows both instrumental and vocals to match well in terms of balance. When one softens, so does the other. Whoever is doing the ad-libs there at the end has a lovely voice, for the record, which is good to be hearing. This is a very sweet song. It's cute. And there's a key change. Yes.
This is such a cute little music video. And look at the color! There's so much color going on here! It's a lot of pink, which I don't personally like, but it creates a very specific vibe that I can get behind. Hey, do you remember the light blue, shimmery eyeshadow from the early 2000s? I feel like that would have been appropriate for this song and the rest of the styling. This matches the song perfectly.
Comments
Post a Comment