Song Review:: ARTMS: Hyper-Ego- Blue Blood

  • Release date: 2026 August 07

  • Album tracklist: From Wings To Soul, Born Stunner, Blue Blood, Icarus Gang, Hyper Crush, Pixel Memory

  • Album runtime: 14 minutes

 This is not the pre-release. This is actually the title track, which is shocking that I'm doing this one first, I know, but I saw that this was performed on the The Show and decided to include this song for my weekly music show wins posts that I'm wildly behind for. Will I do the pre-release? Maybe, especially if I have time in November and December once award show season starts up (if you really want me to, drop a request either as a comment or in The Form and I'll definitely get to it). 

We're a little techno here in places. It's a good addition to the song because it guarantees the song has a couple of different zones to play around in and increase the amount of range going on here. I also don't have to sit through a song that only has a repeated instrumental and drives my brain to distraction because the internal novelty is low. This is good. The non-techno parts of the song remind me a little bit of One Spark by TWICE, which is one of my favorite songs of theirs (which is also true vocally, but I don't want to repeat myself there).

There's a spot of the song where my brain starts playing S.O.S by Moonbyul and I'm thoroughly distracted by that because none of their voices are as deep as hers. It's fine. ARTMS has a little bit of a floaty quality to their voices generally, which remains true in this song. But this sounds like them, from what I've heard of their discography. It's pretty.

This is a pretty cool visualizer. The video is all vibes and visuals, but it's pretty cool all the same. People in the comments are very upset at the change from the demo and the loss of the bridge though. And I look at the runtime and go "Ah. That's why."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Song Review:: KickFlip: Flip It, Kick It- Umm Great {Pre-Debut}

Song Review:: Super Junior: Super Junior 25- Express Mode

Song Review:: ALL(H)OURS: SMOKE POINT- Graffiti {Pre-Release}

Song Review:: NEXZ: Beat-Boxer- I'm Him {Pre-Release}

Music Show Wins:: Week of 10/22 - 10/28

Song Review:: MEOVV: MEOW {Debut}

Song Review:: Jungwoo (NCT): SUGAR {Debut}

Song Review:: Lucy: Sorry Not Sorry OST Part 1- A New Chapter

Song Review:: Fiestar: You're pitiful

Song Review:: BABYMONSTER: DRIP- Love In My Heart