Song Review:: WHIB: CHERRY PIE- CHERRY PIE

  • Release date: 2026 August 05
  • Album tracklist: PAGES OF US, CHERRY PIE, MOTTO, CAN'T STOP=NOT FOUND
  • Album runtime: 16  minutes

 This is one of the reviews that I do because I'm including a stage of this song for the music show wins post as one of the extra songs. Still, this is a smaller group that needs the attention, so I'm still fine with this, even though I already know I'm behind. It's fine.

Oh, this is very pretty. This is a very pretty introduction with the whistling. I'm not going to lie that the instrumental reminds me of something a girl group would do (which isn't an issue, but it's just something interesting that I'm noting), but specifically a warm, summery sort of song from a girl group. It's a little late in the season for something this summery, but there's always next year to listen to it in the summer playlists. The whistling also reminds me of another song and I'm not sure which one it is, but I have a positive association with whatever song that is, so it's fine. The variation is good between sections. The flow of energy is good. This is very pleasant, if not particularly exciting, which is fine because as much as I like the higher energy and more dramatic songs, something this sweet is a good change of pace.

There are a couple of spots where I hope the post-production editing just stripped the vibrato with the auto-tune because there should be some there. If that's the case, I hope we get to hear it in live performances. We get the faintest hint of one at the very end and at the very beginning, but it's not prominent enough. But it's sweet and catchy and just summery. Is this or is this not an encore song? They also now have a perfect festival song. We've got a range of tones going on and the ad-libs sound so good for the harmony there. 

This is such a cute, wholesome music video. The members are flipping adorable, the costuming is great, and it's so on theme that it's just satisfying.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Song Review:: Super Junior: Super Junior 25- Express Mode

Song Review:: ALL(H)OURS: SMOKE POINT- Graffiti {Pre-Release}

Battle of the B-Sides:: Stray Kids: MEGAVERSE

Halloween Spookening: 2025 Edition

Battle of the B-Sides: 9Muses: Miss Agent

Song Review:: Ken (VIXX): PUZZLE- 신아브로 (Gradually)

Greatest Hits:: Hyo (Girls' Generation): Sober

Song Review:: Kiss of Life: SWEAT- SWEAT

Song Review:: ILLIT: I'LL LIKE YOU- Cherish (My Love)

Battle of the B-Sides:: The Boyz: Survive The Night