Song Review:: Day6: Band Aid- Melt Down

 

  • Release date: 2024 September 02
  • Album tracklist: Monster, Melt Down, She Smiled, Shxtty Game, Help Me Rock&Roll, Counter, I'm Fine, Still There
  • Album runtime: 25 minutes

I love proper bands. There's something so satisfying about them, which I'm almost positive stems from my mother's influence with the 80's hairbands, and as I'm getting to know the Korean bands, I'm liking them just as well. Also, look at that glorious runtime. That's a proper album. 

My favorite thing about Melt Down is the fact that it sounds like either an anime opening song or the theme song for a sitcom from the 90s. Every time I listen to it, I can't help but think of Full House. That's the vibe. I don't think the song of this song is my favorite from the album, but I still very much enjoy it. The vocals and everything are great. Actually, I just love most of the album. I think there's only one song I wouldn't be happy to just leave on repeat, but they still all qualify for playlists for me. 

Can I just find it so entertaining that both this and Catch the Young's newest MV are apocalyptic themes? Why this is the genre of music videos for bands right now, I don't know. I think it's hilarious. Not that Melt Down keeps the apocalyptic vibes for long. It gets very cute and colorful, and there's something about the juxtaposition of them playing their instruments so seriously while they're literally covered with the colored confetti that just makes me smile. It's a cute music video. Doesn't entirely match the vibes I get from the song itself, but it doesn't not match, if that makes sense.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Song Review:: Taemin (SHINee): Eternal- Sexy in the Air

Song Review:: fromis_9: Supersonic- Supersonic

Song Review:: Moonbyul (Mamamoo): Starlight of Twinkle : REPACKAGE- Is This Love?