Song Review:: RESCENE: SCENEDROME- Pinball

  • Release date: 2024 August 27
  • Album tracklist: Lucky you, LOVE ATTACK, New World, Pinball
  • Album runtime: 11 minutes

 I don't think I actually know anything about RESCENE. So this should be interesting.

Oh, that's right! They're a 2024 debut! I remember hearing about it.

Okay. There were apparently two music videos I missed over the last couple of weeks. I'll try to get around to them if I have a moment. And apparently this album came out, and this isn't the main title track. Judging by the popularity, I'd guess LOVE ATTACK is, and also because that's when the music video came out. Also, the runtime is a yikes for me. That's like an average of 2:45 a song.

You know what the chorus of this song sounds like? It sounds like Touch by Katseye. I couldn't figure it out until I let my hands do the choreography they wanted to, and then I recognized it. And to make sure I wasn't losing it, which is entirely possible, I listened to that one up until the chorus to double check, and the two songs have similar profiles through the choruses. They're not the same, and I'm not saying they are. But I think they have some similarities, so I don't think I'm losing my mind, in this instance. The bass has a brief moment where it gets to go down the scale in a "bom bom bom bom bom" that I really appreciate. The rest of the song is airy and dreamy and lovely.

They have very cute voices. I suppose I should have expected it considering they're so newly debuted. I'm not hearing a lot to differentiate them from other girl groups from around this time. They sound good, and their voices match the instrumentals, though I do have to say that I appreciate the fact that this wasn't their main title track. This is a solid b-side that reminds me of second gen K-Pop.

This is such a soft music video. I kind of love it. The bits of the choreography that we see also match pretty well. The scene where they're lying down and look up at the camera in sequence? It made me laugh a little. It really kind of feels like they were just being cute with each other and the camera started rolling. Obviously that isn't the case. But it feels like that. I liked the repeat of the shot at the beginning with the foot and the pinball, because it was a call back. The music video is exactly as the song is. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Song Review:: Taemin (SHINee): Eternal- Sexy in the Air

Song Review:: fromis_9: Supersonic- Supersonic

Song Review:: Moonbyul (Mamamoo): Starlight of Twinkle : REPACKAGE- Is This Love?