Song Review:: Ryeowook (Super Junior): Runaway- Runaway

  • Release date: 2026 June 23

  • Album tracklist: Runaway, Defined, Chamomile

  • Album runtime: 9 minutes

 It's a single, but he's got a stunning voice. And congrats on the wedding last year, my dude!

Ah, that's a strong guitar. It's easily the strongest and most prominent of the instruments going on here, but it's comfortingly country in a way that I personally really enjoy. I mean this is very country, but not honky-tonk, which is what I think a lot of people think of when they think of country music (I love honky tonk music, for the record, and you can pry Watermelon Crawl out of my cold, dead hands), but this feels more like your classic country love song. I'm fascinated that we're getting so many songs that have country music elements that feel like country music in K-Pop right now, because there's a very big difference between country music from someone who understands country and someone who knows what pieces should be included. Like, I could write a romance novel and it would probably be passable because I know what elements should be included. But I wouldn't be able to write one as well as someone who understands the delicate intricacies and subtleties of the genre coding. I'm going to take a look at who the songwriter(s) are after I finish these two paragraphs because I am intrigued. 

Give this man a bit of a twang and I would believe it if you told me this man was an American country artist. We've got vibrato. We've got a belt. We've got range in tone and texture. It's everything I want, basically.

The songwriter doesn't have a completely extensive song list to credit them, but I'm seeing a few that I really enjoy. But no country artists. So now I'm curious.

This is a very soft music video with a little bit of a story line and some of the most intense extreme close-ups I've seen in a hot minute. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Song Review:: Super Junior: Super Junior 25- Express Mode

Battle of the B-Sides: 9Muses: Miss Agent

Song Review:: Ken (VIXX): PUZZLE- 신아브로 (Gradually)

Greatest Hits:: Hyo (Girls' Generation): Sober

Song Review:: ALL(H)OURS: SMOKE POINT- Graffiti {Pre-Release}

Song Review:: Kiss of Life: SWEAT- SWEAT

Battle of the B-Sides:: Stray Kids: MEGAVERSE

Song Review:: VVS: AFTER HOURS- BOTTLE$

Song Review:: ILLIT: I'LL LIKE YOU- Cherish (My Love)

Battle of the B-Sides:: HOT ISSUE: We Go