Song Review:: BABYMONSTER: CHOOM- I LIKE IT
- Release date: 2026 May 04
- Album tracklist: MOON, CHOOM, I LIKE IT, LOCKED IN
- Album runtime: 12 minutes
Am I doing a b-side instead of any of the title tracks I'm supposed to be doing? Yes. But, I picked this song for an extra stage on one of the Music Show Wins posts, which meant I was forcing myself to review this. However. I've got a good feeling about this song (I can't watch their stage because they didn't win, but I've got a good feeling about it).
You know what? I spent most of the instrumental waiting for something very specific to come out of this instrumental because it's registering as country music in my head. I finally got it for a bit during the bridge, and honestly the instrumental is so bright and festival-like that it's reminding me of a song I covered for the Expanded Offereings, but because we're on Underage Protocol, I don't dark risk taking the time to figure out which one it is because the odds are very high that this song will fall out of my head. I think the thing I was waiting to hear was the acoustic guitar, which is what we heard briefly at the start of the bridge. I wish the instrumental was just a touch louder, but as is, it's still a great support.
When can I listen to this group? February? That's too long. I cannot wait to dig into their iscography because do you hear the voices on these young women? I desperately want to like them, but yet another girl group I decided to love has disbanded, so it's probably safest if I don't like them too much. I wish the song was slightly more complex in terms of harmonies, but just about everything else that I want to hear is present, and on top of that, it's a three-and-a-half minute song, so it has the room to have all that repetition at the end without it overpowering the entire song. I'm so satisfied by this.
The summer vibes are immaculate. I did mention that this song is festival-like, right? And most importantly, the members look like they're having fun. Oh, and the song that this reminds me of is Carnival by B.A.P. The previous link goes to that post; this one goes to a stage since it didn't have a music video. I just love the fun songs.
Comments
Post a Comment