Song Review:: BABYMONSTER: CHOOM- MOON

  • Release date: 2026 May 04
  • Album runtime: 12 minutes

 Last one of their b-sides to get a music video, I think. While I still can't technically listen to them because of the whole "they had a fourteen-year-old at debut" thing, this has been very handing in letting me hear basically the whole album, and let me tell you, there have been some of these I added to y playlist of song I can't listen to yet because the group is on Underage Protocol. Fingers crossed that this is another one. Oh, and also, as of the time of writing this, this was #92 globally on YouTube music.

Oh, this is a slow and grindy instrumental. Even when more elements get added at the end, it still has a very heavy quality to it, and it never really gets more energetic. But the progression from the sparse opening to the not-overpopulated ending moves at a good pace and it's a logical progression as well. There aren't many big surprises here, which is fine because you still have a bit of variation and it sits in the body well. This is good. This is fun.

Very YG sound to the vocals, as expected. While it does start with rapping, which normally means that the entire song gets flavored that way to make it the song of the song (happens in books to; it's related to the baby birding phenomenon), I think this is actually fairly well balanced, if a little rap-leaning. There's still a nice contrast going on though, between the sections, which I like. But, most importantly, I'm not frustrated with it being a mild title track. Because it isn't a title track; it's a b-side and can afford to be what it is because it doesn't have to be the representative song for the group or the album. This is good. Good position as a b-side. Good balance. 

The lack of color in the music video is actually really beneficial because the concept is just "horror". I initially thought it was Catwoman themed, but I quickly decided against that because it's just horror. I love this, actually. This may end up in my Halloween post for the year so that I don't forget to add it to my Halloween playlist in February.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Song Review:: Billlie: appendix: Of All We Have Lost- trampoline {Pre-Release}

Song Review:: KickFlip: Flip It, Kick It- Umm Great {Pre-Debut}

Song Review:: NEXZ: Beat-Boxer- I'm Him {Pre-Release}

Battle of the B-Sides:: f(x): Shadow

Song Review:: TEMPEST: As I am- In The Dark

Song Review:: Super Junior: Super Junior 25- Express Mode

Battle of the B-Sides:: KARA: Mister

Music Show Wins:: Week of 10/22 - 10/28

Song Review:: MEOVV: MEOW {Debut}

Song Review:: BABYMONSTER: DRIP- Love In My Heart