Song Review:: fromis_9: Glow ME- Vitamin ME

  • Release date: 2026 July 21
  • Album tracklist: ETERNAL, Vitamin ME, Pocket Treat, Blue Heart, Screen Time, Teacher, Cold Blood, Why do I cry?, Day 1, Wonderland
  • Album runtime: 29 minutes

 Y'all are probably going to get sick of me saying that I don't care that they left Pledis, that they were at Pledis, which means I will continue to love and support my girls. But I am nothing if not loyal and it takes very little to trigger my sense of loyalty at all. Also, the title track is over three minutes long. I told you I loved them.

We've got a very Latin summer sound going on for this, which is perfect for a July release. This is fun. There's a little bit of a cowbell in places and the Spanish guitar is a lovely combination I wasn't expecting. This is so laid-back and chill even though there's a little bit of a disco energy going on with the strings. It's very pretty, and almost a little flirtatious.

I love their voices, and we get a beautiful belt that leads into the adlibs there at the end. It's a tiny bit cuter and higher than I really like, and with the way their voices go breathy as they're hitting some of the highest notes makes me think that either the song as written is a touch too high for them, or the producer wasn't trust that they'd be able to hit the notes rather than meet the notes, if that makes sense. There are a couple of spots where we get a little bit more of a breathy softness, but with the lower notes, it feels more comfortable and stylistic. Overall, though, even though most of the song is higher, there are some very nice little dips lower, and, dare I say it, even a couple of properly low notes. I'm kind of fully in love with that final chorus though. There's so much happening.

Ah, what a summery music video. It's refreshing in a mild way, a carbonated beverage with ice and not a strong flavor.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Halloween Spookening: 2024 Edition

Greatest Hits:: Seventeen: Not Alone {Japanese}

Battle of the B-Sides:: Candy Shop: Candy#

Greatest Hits:: Girl's Day: Something

Battle of the B-Sides:: G-Dragon (BIGBANG): A Boy

Battle of the B-Sides:: Pentagon: When I Was In Love

Song Review:: Plave: Caligo Pt. 1- Dash

Song Review:: NAZE: NAZE- People Talk {Debut}

Battle of the B-Sides:: Teen Top: Tell me why

Song Review:: Taemin (SHINee): Eternal- Sexy in the Air