Song Review:: Picheolin (Dino) (S: 吉BOARD- Love Sick {Pre-Debut}
- Release date: 2026 July 15
- Album tracklist: Love Sick (narr. Lee Moon Sae)
- Album runtime: 3 minutes
I genuinely don't even know how to title this. Congrats, Dino! And also, congrats to one of possibly the most successful inside jokes to come out of any group! It's a bit odd, but at the same time, knowing Seventeen, Dino debuting as his old man character before he debuts as Dino properly (listen to Wait, y'all) is very on brand for them. The "S" in SVT stands for "strange."
Ah, drama. Ah, saxophone. This instrumental is a hot cup of chowder on a cold day. I'm struggling so hard to not actually listen to his voice here for this section. I hope you all appreciate the effort. But that saxophone, y'all. I'm a little surprised at the audio balancing, because there are a couple of spots where the instrumental almost overpowers the vocals, which is a problem and makes me a little grumpy when the vocals are this good.
His vibrato. Dino. My dude. I'm so glad you're finally debuting as a soloist and taking this route instead of limiting yourself to the dance tracks you've released already. Not that you don't also sound incredible with the sultry sound of the dance tracks, but I've said basically since I started listening to Seventeen that Dino's vocals are underrated and there's nothing this guy can't do (y'all also need to listen to Icarus, his OST track). We are being blessed. I'm a little bit in love with his vibrato, and I'm sure that shocks all of you as I've never before shown an interest in vibratos. This is sarcasm. For the record. This song is the exact kind of song that would be sung during a rom com during the dinner scene, maybe on a cruise ship. Picture the candlelight and romance, the impractically fancy dress, and the lounge singer with his warm timbre and smooth-as-a-cup-of-cocoa richness, while the couple is falling in love again. And Dino's lovely voice is setting the mood and facilitating the entire scene.
You know it's serious when Dino is so in his feels that he shows off his bare shoulders. In all seriousness, I stand by the previous assessment, because this is a song about love lost and it would be a wonderful contrast to the emotional scene, but a recognition of why the couple broke up in the first place. I'm still kind of picturing something similar to the dinner scene from The Parent Trap (the new one from 1998). But there's so much story going on in this music video that even if I didn't have such a strong image of what was going on from the song alone, that I'd be happy as a clam. Well. Sort of. This is a heartbroken kind of song, after all.
Comments
Post a Comment