Song Review:: Yeonjun (TOMORROW X TOGETHER): NO LABELS: Part 02- Ice Cream

  • Release date: 2026 July 10
  • Album tracklist: Vanilla, Ice Cream, Baby Wassup? No More Disco, Fxxking Star, Long Way Long Ride
  • Album runtime: 16 minutes

 I don't think I ever did his solo album back in November, but I'm still willing and happy to do it if someone would like to suggest I do it. A simple "Can you review Talk to You by Yeonjun please?" comment on literally any post would do it. You don't need to submit it with The Form, although you can. Also, congrats on the wins!

This is apparently just my day to do boy group soloists with the more sensual choreography. I haven't seen his choreography yet, of course, but with the low bass and the grinding instrumental, I can guess what it's going to be. There are a couple of spots where we get a little more variation to the instrumental than I expected, when we've got a spot right in the middle where most of the instrumental gets stripped out and then the grungy guitar  gets more prominent again. That spot is short, but considering the entire song clocks into a whopping two-minutes-long, that's to be expected when the song doesn't have room to breathe. 

Yeongjun has some great slides to some of his notes. He's gone with both rapping and singing as his foute for the song, along with some whispering that normally drives me a little nuts. It didn't this time, which is actually pretty surprising, and while the breathy seductive rapping isn't exactly working for me, it's matching what it feels like he was trying to do. Which is better than him trying to go with something and then having it not read as that.

I don't know what they did to his face during editing, but that does not look like Yeonjun and his mouth movements are weird. Ignoring that, because I had to if I was going to pay any attention to what was actually going on, this music video is pretty amusing. And fitting considering where I'm living right now is currently under a heat advisory.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Halloween Spookening: 2024 Edition

Battle of the B-Sides:: Candy Shop: Candy#

Greatest Hits:: Seventeen: Not Alone {Japanese}

Greatest Hits:: Girl's Day: Something

Song Review:: IU: A flower bookmark, Pt. 3- Never Ending Story

Song Review:: Taemin (SHINee): Eternal- Sexy in the Air

Song Review:: BSS (Seventeen): Teleparty- CBZ (Prime Time)

Battle of the B-Sides:: NU'EST: Thank You (Evening by Evening)

Song Review:: fromis_9: From Our 20's- LIKE YOU BETTER

Battle of the B-Sides:: Pentagon: When I Was In Love