Song Review:: AHOF: RUN TO YOU: RUN TO YOU
- Release date: 2026 July 08
- Album tracklist: RUN TO YOU, Sugar High, JUST SAY YES, You're the Reason, Our Story
- Album runtime: 15 minutes
I can listen to AHOF like I want to December of 2028 when the maknae turns eighteen. He was fifteen at debut, which unfortunately puts the group in Underage Protocol. Although he is currently sixteen, so if you're not quite as stubborn as I am and sixteen is your only hard limit, the group is good to go for you now. The group being in Underage Protocol does not change the fact that I have several of their songs sitting waiting in the playlist I have for songs by groups I can't listen to yet.
If this instrumental was slightly more acoustic, we'd have a country song on our hands. As it is, this song is also still so "boy groups" that I'm not surprised it's gotten a win already. The beat holds the song in place while the other pieces move around it, and while there is a dramatic late song interruption with specifically chosen rests, I wish the rests were more dramatic. But this is still nice. I wish the maknae wasn't the age he was at debut so I could listen to this a few more times, but it is what it is. I just know there's stuff I'm missing though, which is a little frustrating, but I bring this frustration upon myself because I don't want to support companies debuting anyone under sixteen. But, also, that's a great guitar. Very upbeat.
I love how heavy the singing is for this group. It's a personal preference and I recognize that, but also, they've got lovely voices. They really do. There's some rapping going on here, but it's relatively mild and doesn't require me to have a mental readjustment. The "run to you" part was particularly good, I think.
I love how soft their songs are, in general. They remind me in feel, though not sound, to NU'EST's later tracks. And their music videos are just cute.
Comments
Post a Comment