Song Review:: Junhee (A.C.E): LOVE METHOD: LA LA LA LUNE
- Release date: 2026 August 07
- Album tracklist: 5 STARS; LA LA LA LUNE; GET OUT; Lemonade; Wonder why; Medicine; At least, I tried; Forever young
- Album runtime: 28 minutes
Hi, everyone! I'm still here! If y'all remember his solo debut, y'all will remember that I am kind of head over heels with his voice. And I would be happy to shout to the heavens about his voice. Also, can we just be excited that he's got Wow on the album with him on one of the songs? I've got a soft spot for Wow because he's the one that laughed at me. But still! I love it when they have their groupmates on their solo stuff. And look at the runtime! I knew I liked him.
This is not quite clubbing EDM music. It's very close to it with that beat style and the synthy grind that reminds me a bit of a metal key being dragged across a piano string, but the beat is just slow enough that it doesn't have the energy for clubbing. The use of silence is very well-done to help break up the song, slow it down further, and give it weight. The different sections are well and clearly defined, which is always something I like to see, and the energy progression into the chorus is excellent.
All English track, everyone! Also, for those of you who do not speak French, "la lune" means "the moon" and "la brume" is "the mist" because French is one of those fun languages that use both gendering and articles on all the nouns. Anyway, I really do just love his voice. It's so pretty with such a distinctive scrape and grit to it. The stylistic autotune does erase some of that distinctness, which is a bit of a disappointment as is a lack of big moments for his voice, but the range is excellent here and it does highlight a lot of the scope he can do. Also, I love the lyrics. I almost forgot about this part, but if you listen with two earbuds, you'll notice that we've got a stereo system being properly used for the vocals.
He does not look like how I'm used to seeing him. Ignoring that for a moment, we have a bit of a storyline, which I am here for. It's actually really interesting and I'll have to watch it a few more times.
Comments
Post a Comment