Song Review:: Kevin Woo (U-KISS): Ain't No Party

  • Release date: 2026 July 24
  • Album tracklist: Ain't No Party
  • Album runtime: 2 minutes

 I know you all enjoy getting random updates about K-Pop in these introduction paragraphs. Or at least no one tells me they hate them (saying that would not make me stop doing this, by the way). Good news is that Spotify is getting better about telling me when the groups are releasing new music. The algorithm is finally figuring this out. Unfortunately, a lot of the "new songs" are AI and don't actually belong to the group. Ghost9, for instance, had 33 of them uploaded over a single weekend, and the weekend I started this review, I saw AI tracks that need to be reported for HotShot, LABOUM, BAE173, TIOT, and TFN. That just makes it harder for the legitimate songs and releases to get attention, especially with the older groups because if I was trying to get into K-Pop now, I'd be so confused and I might be a bit turned off from K-Pop as a whole. (Notice that I've also done a Greatest Hits for HotShot and a Battle of the B-Sides for LABOUM, so it personally infuriates me that groups I'm over here trying to promote are being deluged under AI slop.) It also makes my job harder because I now have to cross-reference every new track because contrary to popular belief, I don't have every group memorized with who is inactive versus disbanded, and who all is under what company. Why do I bring this up? Because this is my boy Kevin, and this song is not, but that's also why I have to cross-reference now to verify.

Ah, a summer track. Thanks, Kevin! This is sunshine and jumping into a lake on a hot summer day. The whistling gives it a bit of a country western vibe, although it's painfully short compared to what I look for in country music. This is such a summery song that it makes me want to go on a road trip and it just kind of shuts my brain off in the "I'm just here to have a good time and de-stress before fall" sort of way, which is probably why I've been having such a hard time with this one. The vibes are here though. And there's a saxophone that pops up.

He really has such a good voice. I mean, obviously Mystery Saja has an incredible voice. But he's got such a clear tone to his voice that a summer song fits him so unbelievably well. The song is a little bit on the higher side for most of it, but he does have a spot where he's almost rapping and his voice is lower, which helps to balance out the falsetto he slips into briefly. I'm also pleased to note that I hear a tiny trace of a vibrato here, which delights me.

For the record, every time an old U-KISS music video crosses my YouTube, I say "Hi, Kevin!" Every time. This is a lyric video using a summery photoshoot for the background. He's looking good. Not going to lie.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Halloween Spookening: 2024 Edition

Music Show Wins:: Week of 07/08 - 07/14

Battle of the B-Sides:: WJSN: Pantomime

Song Review:: Bijou: Summer Night 2026

Battle of the B-Sides:: RAINZ- Music up

Battle of the B-Sides:: f(x): Shadow

Battle of the B-Sides:: Teen Top: Tell me why

Battle of the B-Sides:: Pentagon: When I Was In Love

Song Review:: NAZE: NAZE- People Talk {Debut}

Battle of the B-Sides:: G-Dragon (BIGBANG): A Boy