Halloween Spookening: 2026 Edition

 Everyone! It is time for the best season of the year! We're back with another batch of songs for the month of Spookening! Whoo!

As always, because I am a connoisseur of the creepy, I spend basically all year scouring for the spooky and the dark songs. Basically, if I'm not in a specific mood playlist or my regular listening playlist, I've had my ears buried in spooky playlists. And I found some whoppers, but I can only fit so many into this unless I want to make it four hours long. You'd have to get my personal Halloween playlist if you want one that long though. 

It's the most wonderful time of the year!

Without any further ado, here are your 2026 Halloween recs:


Mirotic by TVXQ!

You may be wondering why I'm putting this song in a Halloween playlist when it's famously known for being quite sexy, and sexiness alone does not qualify it for this playlist. However, I'd like to point out the elements of the music video which would qualify it for this playlist: a witch, kidnapping, torture, imprisonment. This is basically the forefather of VOODOO DOLL by VIXX, which famously is one of the most Halloween songs to come out of K-Pop.


Amnesia by VIXX

Speaking of VIXX, what is a Halloween playlist without a VIXX song? I'm actually planning on doing a different VIXX song for my Expanded Offerings list, but this one is interesting. It's less outright horrific than most of their songs, but we've still got some glitching and clones and outright magic being used. Are they immortals? Who is to say?

DDI RO RI by MEOVV

I did the review of this song and immediately fell in love. We've got a Dracula's brides concept complete with the Dracula music! And the "ddi ro ri" part does the Dracula music thing! This is immaculate, both as a song and as an inclusion to Halloween. 


Black or White by Cross Gene

Not to be all "old man shaking fist at clouds" about this, but they just don't make music videos like this regularly like they used to (it's almost six minutes long, y'all). There's a joke about this music video, which I'd like to share. Why is the song called "Black or White" when the main color is red? Also, one of the members is literally called "Casper" (he's the baseball bat one). How much more Halloween and horror do you want?


The King Must Die by Purple Rain

Y'all know me and y'all know I love a good rock song. This was actually the first time I watched the music video when I was trying to decide which songs to include here. The song has been on my Halloween playlist for a while solely because of how intense it is, but the music video has the kind of dark ritual we know and love for Halloween. So, yes. The king must die.


MOON by BABYMONSTER

Again, I wouldn't have known about this song if I hadn't done a review of it. This has like all of the horror concepts in one, and it is an absolutely glorious music video. I'm not kidding. You know this is a good song when one of them is attached upside down on the ceiling. And the song itself is peak. It's all I really want. Truly. 


Bad Blood by Dahye (BESTie)

This song is gloriously cinematic in sound and once again, we've got an evil clone situation going on here and a lot of red. This is the year of the clones apparently. I'm only just now realizing how many of them have clones.


Red Sun by Dreamcatcher

You didn't think I was going to give you a Halloween playlist without having Dreamcatcher on here, did you? These are my spooky, witchy girls. I absolutely adore the choreography and the costuming for this song. I also love that we got some bloopers at the end. And! This was choreographed by one of the members. The vibes are vibing. 


Thriller by BTOB

If you've seen Kingdom: Legendary War, then you'll remember BTOB talking about the only song they have that originally had a specific concept. That's not true. They actually have two, but this one was the one that they were talking about and it was by far the better choice. And while I love the song they did end up doing for that round, it was a missed opportunity to go all out with a horror concept and really tap into their outer theatre kid. 2013 was a magical year for the horror concepts.


Villain Dies by i-dle

They've had some strong horror and dark concepts over the years, which makes me all the more sad that this didn't get a music video. It's the year's haunted fairytale offering, and we've got vocal fry in it. It's a stunning combination, if we're being honest. "Once upon a time, there was a villain." 


A Witch's Diary by Spica

Is this an OST? Yes. Is this one of the most witch-distilled songs I've ever heard in my life? Also, yes. This should be the standard for witchy because literally every part of the song serves "witch". We've got the lyrics saying "I'm a witch, girl", a potion being poured in the instrumental, a haunted music box, enchanting spell vocalizations, what sounds like a harpsichord which is obviously the spookiest of the piano-like instruments, and the only thing that's really missing here is full-blown cackling, which is a crime because one of them has the perfect voice for it. 


DEAD MAN WALKING by ALL(H)OURS

This one was a March release that I did a review for, which is surprising considering how B.A.P or VIXX this song is. It's deeply intense and dramatic enough for my overly dramatic self is what I'm saying, and there's an actual line that's like "I've got venom in my veins and it feels so good." I'm sorry, what else am I supposed to do but add this to a Halloween playlist? I also now need them to cover VIXX and B.A.P because they might be a worthy successor to them.


Previous years: 2024, 2025

And because I want to make things a little easier on you, here's the playlist clocking in at just under forty minutes. It's just the tracks, so if you want the music videos that most of the songs above have, you'll either have to manually search for them or you can use the above embedded videos. But, whatever. Have another batch of songs! I hope at least one of them is new to you! There were a couple, other than the new releases, that I encountered for the first time this year, so I'm happy to pass those on to you in case they're also new to you as well. Have a wonderful Halloween and a spooky rest of the year! I'll see you about this time in 2027!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Song Review:: KickFlip: Flip It, Kick It- Umm Great {Pre-Debut}

Song Review:: Super Junior: Super Junior 25- Express Mode

Song Review:: ALL(H)OURS: SMOKE POINT- Graffiti {Pre-Release}

Song Review:: NEXZ: Beat-Boxer- I'm Him {Pre-Release}

Battle of the B-Sides: 9Muses: Miss Agent

Greatest Hits:: Hyo (Girls' Generation): Sober

Greatest Hits:: BIGBANG: Sober

Music Show Wins:: Week of 10/22 - 10/28

Song Review:: MEOVV: MEOW {Debut}

Song Review:: Kiss of Life: SWEAT- SWEAT