Song Review:: Kiss of Life: SWEAT- SWEAT

  • Release date: 2026 August 04

  • Album tracklist: SWEAT, WHAT!

  • Album runtime: 5 minutes

 I haven't seen any more issues from them, so I'm going to probationarily pull them off Underage Protocol for this song. Also, congrats on the win! 

This song is delightfully on the dramatic side of things, but it's not fully theatre kid dramatic, if that makes any sense. It's cool kid drama, which isn't as fun but no less engaging. I'm almost positive the song is an afrobeats song (maybe tropical house? I'm still not positive on some genres), which I am squinting over a little bit because of their previous situation, but it's not something that would immediately qualify them for being put back, especially since none of the members had a hand in the composition. I'll also say that the decrescendo immediately made it qualify for my favorite releases of the year, then when it goes back up to tempo, it feels so much faster. It's the quiet principle in tempo form, which I love. That decrescendo is incredible. Excellent choice.

I'm not a fan of this style of vocals generally. It's a little bit too sing-song-y for my taste and doesn't let the members actually show off their vocals, and the same problem exists in the rapping part. It's very mild vocally for the most part. There is a point where the vocal tone switches from the light and airy to something a lot fiercer briefly, which I am happy to be hearing, and the ad-libs are showing off some vibrato, which I also like. But generally, it's not my favorite thing. Now, that being said, this is such a summer sunset song that the entire thing is in an ombre in my head.

This is very much a vibes and visuals music video, which is fine. They're just not my favorite. That being said, the desert outfits are absolutely gorgeous. I'm kind of in love a little bit. And then the return to tempo is visually stunning, that entire sequence. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Song Review:: KickFlip: Flip It, Kick It- Umm Great {Pre-Debut}

Song Review:: Super Junior: Super Junior 25- Express Mode

Song Review:: ALL(H)OURS: SMOKE POINT- Graffiti {Pre-Release}

Song Review:: NEXZ: Beat-Boxer- I'm Him {Pre-Release}

Music Show Wins:: Week of 10/22 - 10/28

Song Review:: Billlie: appendix: Of All We Have Lost- trampoline {Pre-Release}

Song Review:: Lucy: Sorry Not Sorry OST Part 1- A New Chapter

Song Review:: TEMPEST: As I am- In The Dark

Greatest Hits:: BIGBANG: Sober

Greatest Hits:: Hyo (Girls' Generation): Sober