Song Review:: NouerA: .exe- .exe

  • Release date: 2026 July 27
  • Album tracklist: .exe, LOCKED IN, W.T.F(un), LIFE IN COLOR
  • Album runtime: 10 minutes

 Congrats on the wins! While this song is of a suitable length, the runtime as a whole ain't it. That averages out to about two-and-a-half minutes, and that's with one almost three.

It's so nice to have a younger group that isn't on Underage Protocol because then I get to really listen to the songs. This instrumental feels like a boss fight in Nier: Automata, especially in the chorus, although there are spots where both the number and intensity of the instruments drops a bit, providing a great contrast. I love how the song doesn't start with the instrumental, because that means we get a tiny bit of a cappella. There's very little actual softness to the song though, but even in the quieter moments, there's almost a metallic quality to it. 

The line "I'm an .exe" makes me snort every time I hear it because my brain goes "Executable File" every single time. It doesn't do that when they're just saying ".exe", but it's just a funny little thing going on in my head. I wish there was more singing, but both the runtime and the style prohibit that. 

This is a cute little music video, but, wow, did they drag technology and images I haven't seen since I was a kid out from the dustiest part of the storage closet in the basement. I love it. There's so much iconic early home tech here. But wow.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Song Review:: Super Junior: Super Junior 25- Express Mode

Battle of the B-Sides: 9Muses: Miss Agent

Song Review:: ALL(H)OURS: SMOKE POINT- Graffiti {Pre-Release}

Song Review:: Ken (VIXX): PUZZLE- 신아브로 (Gradually)

Greatest Hits:: Hyo (Girls' Generation): Sober

Battle of the B-Sides:: Stray Kids: MEGAVERSE

Song Review:: VVS: AFTER HOURS- BOTTLE$

Greatest Hits:: BIGBANG: Sober

Song Review:: ILLIT: I'LL LIKE YOU- Cherish (My Love)

Battle of the B-Sides:: HOT ISSUE: We Go