Song Review:: LUN8: Off the Grid- Sneakers
- Release date: 2026 July 22
- Album tracklist: SNEAKERS, TO THE MOON, BACK, If I could
- Album runtime: 11 minutes
I decided to pick this song for an extra stage, since I've been so haphazard with literally everything the last little bit and I'm so far behind, so I'm going to do a review of this one. It's a good way to force me to do it. I almost was lazy and picked a song I know I did a review for, but since that song has gotten wins, I would rather point out the smaller groups. Although I will also point out how nauseating the runtime is. Less than two-and-a-half minutes.
There's still something slightly pastel-like about the song, but it's kind of a daffodil yellow. This is a very bright song without too much weighing it down, but without a strong sense of playfulness that I wish that I could hear. It feels like the song wants to be playful but was forced to be a bit more constrained. The whistling and the little woops in the background help a lot, but instead of brightening when the instrumental slows down a little, it gets a bit more R&B and smooth. But the build is still good. The movement of the instrumental works well. But it smooths too much, which is a shame.
This is going to be a weird music video and I'm here for it. This is a vocals dense song and the strategic addition of the rapping does a good job of breaking up the smoothness a little. This is also going to be a good concert song because all those little whoops and heys and the whistling is going to do such a good job with an audience that knows the song. We've also got lots of little additions with the vocals that I think could be a little more in places, considering the majority of the song is in a small band of notes that are almost sung in a sing-song rhythm.
I had to go back and pause because that banner reads "Only Self Self Wash & Dry" and while I'm assuming that it's a laundromat, the grammar tells me that this is some sort of shower service for people, not clothes. Anyway. We're starting off odd. What was the song that came out recently with the shoe vending machine? (Apparently the only time I've used the words "shoe vending machine" on my blog was for Babyface by ODD YOUTH.) And then there was Pretty Pink Socks by NAZE. This music video feels like it's in the exact same genre of footwear-related music videos that are just odd. And the store next to the oddly worded laundromat is a "not convenience store". I love odd music videos. This is a classical ode, everyone.
Comments
Post a Comment