Song Review:: BIGBANG: BiiiG

  • Release date: 2026 August 19

  • Album tracklist: BiiiG

  • Album runtime: 02 minutes

 One of the singularly best concerts I've ever seen. Full stop. Even my mom, who doesn't listen to them, said she'd absolutely see them again without hesitation.

For the record, this absolutely sounds like a BIGBANG song and it doesn't sound out of place in their discography. It's a bit clingy with a simultaneously grungy guitar settled underneath the metallic clanging. But the entire song isn't that way. We've got variation and multiple sections, which is especially ideal given that this song is not even three minutes long. That's the least BIGBANG thing about this song. The introduction is interesting, before the squeal and scratch that heralds the start of the vocals, and it's also oddly James Bond. I don't know how else to describe it.

Good news, they're not doing the mumble rap thing. Everyone sounds exactly like they should and Daesung has his moment where he gets go just be a vocalist (live, his parts are amazing). In general, he's just a powerful vocalist and stands out well. Taeyang and G-Dragon have their swagger from being twenty-year idols, and their rapping is one of the big highlights of the song, pun partially intended. This might grow on me, but I don't know how much I'll listen to it right now because it's not one of my favorite styles of song in sound. Lyrically, this is a proper anniversary post. I only caught probably seventy-five percent of the references, which pleases me that I managed to catch that many. A lot of it is apparently in English, but I couldn't tell. Not that this is surprising, because sometimes I can't tell what words are in English songs by English artists and this is why I love lyric books. I need my subtitles.

This is such a bright music video, and Daesung is wearing his fringe on his jacket. It's fully a vibes and visuals music video, which is fine, if a little bit of a disappointment, but it's chock full of symbolism, so I'm less upset than I would be otherwise.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Song Review:: KickFlip: Flip It, Kick It- Umm Great {Pre-Debut}

Song Review:: Super Junior: Super Junior 25- Express Mode

Song Review:: NEXZ: Beat-Boxer- I'm Him {Pre-Release}

Battle of the B-Sides: 9Muses: Miss Agent

Song Review:: ALL(H)OURS: SMOKE POINT- Graffiti {Pre-Release}

Song Review:: Ken (VIXX): PUZZLE- 신아브로 (Gradually)

Greatest Hits:: Hyo (Girls' Generation): Sober

Battle of the B-Sides:: HOT ISSUE: We Go

Battle of the B-Sides:: Stray Kids: MEGAVERSE

Battle of the B-Sides:: The Boyz: Survive The Night