Song Review:: Stray Kids: THIS & THAT- After You

  • Release date: 2026 August 07
  • Album tracklist: RUN IT, THIS & THAT, After You, FARMING, I Do, Way Out, Back Then, This & That - (Festival Version)
  • Album runtime: 25 minutes

 Wow, I've managed to be so late in doing this one that they've dropped another single. I'm just perpetually behind. It's fine.

I'm telling you, every time I'm not immediately enamoured with a title track of theirs, the b-sides hit me in the brain perfectly. Most of this song is balanced in such a way that the verses have a song instrumental, so the vocals don't have sound competition, the chorus gets a big burst followed by an even bigger burst. And it's very well-balanced. But then, there's a late stage complete tonal shift that sounds nothing like the rest of the song. That's where we get the experimental, Stray Kids patented noise music. It's brief and discordant and I find it very charming because it's brief. This works as a b-side very well.

I think everyone's singing in this. There are a few voices in there that I don't automatically associate with a member, which makes me happy. This is also such a soft song and I'm over the moon that they've added a wedding song to their discography. I love that. This is a very sweet little song that may be entering my regular listening playlist about as much as I Like It. Very different vibe, though. This one is just pretty.

Chan's smile at :58 is all I need to recommend the music video. I know sometimes I spend more time cooing over the wreckers, but Chan.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Song Review:: Super Junior: Super Junior 25- Express Mode

Battle of the B-Sides: 9Muses: Miss Agent

Song Review:: ALL(H)OURS: SMOKE POINT- Graffiti {Pre-Release}

Song Review:: Ken (VIXX): PUZZLE- 신아브로 (Gradually)

Halloween Spookening: 2025 Edition

Greatest Hits:: Hyo (Girls' Generation): Sober

Song Review:: Kiss of Life: SWEAT- SWEAT

Battle of the B-Sides:: Stray Kids: MEGAVERSE

Battle of the B-Sides:: HOT ISSUE: We Go

Song Review:: VVS: AFTER HOURS- BOTTLE$