Song Review:: Catch the Young: Dream It- Dream It

  • Release date: 2024 August 08
  • Album tracklist: Dream It, Wanna Be With You, Dream It (Inst.), Wanna Be With You (Inst.)
  • Album runtime: 14 minutes

I love them because a couple of days after they debuted, I found them at Evermore Entertainment with JR. If there is any kind of a connection to NU'EST, I'm automatically going to emotionally bond. That's just how it is. Plus, I really love Youth!!. I think it's a great song. Not as much as I love The Legend, but then I think that song is practically perfect.

So. That opening is a little weird. The chords and instrumentation make it a little 1980s, which is fine because they really have this whole retro vibe going on and have since debut. One of my favorite things about the instrumentals is the piano they've got running through nearly the whole thing. It's quiet and subtle, but it's there and lends an air of whimsy to something that would otherwise be standard. I love the piano. It could be a keyboard, and likely is. I'm just not as well-versed on the differences between specific, similar instruments. It sounds like a piano to me. Regardless of what specific kind of instrument it is, I love it. It does really good things for the dreaminess of the song, which is conceptually helpful. This is an end-of-the-world, credits type song. I'm here for it. I also like the fact that there's an interlude, and not only for the fact that it helps the song extend longer than three minutes and be an actual song. This is a band and as such, they need to show off without worrying about their vocals. For a K-Pop group, that means a dance break. For a band, that means an interlude. We've been seeing so much growth from them since their debut, and that makes me happy.

Oh, everyone. This is such a happy song. It's also pretty sentimental, but as I've already established I think, I really like the sentimental, especially when it's in layers of happy instead of layers of bittersweet. Dream It has kind of a shouty aspect to it, but it's more of a singing shout, and there's not posturing to it. It's more of a "I can't help but whoop for joy" shout. The chorus is also super catchy, especially that last line: "I wanna be with you 24/7 dreamin'." Again, this is a post-credits kind of song. I'm not sure for what kind of movie, but like...maybe a happy dystopia? I know that's a paradox, but it definitely feels like a teen movie, but not a doom and gloom one. This is a happy song and deserves a movie with a happy ending. And I absolutely love the bridge.

IT IS AN END OF THE WORLD SONG!!! Also, it's so goofy. There's a child dressed like an angel during the art robbery and a man in a gorilla suit. Bonkers. Just bonkers. "Oh, the world is going to end because of meteors. What better time for an art heist?" It's so cute. I love it. Plus, there's a really lovely nonchronological narrative happening. And before you have a chance to go "Really? It was all just a dream? What a cop out," BOOM! You get hit with the meteors in the real world. I appreciated that, actually.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Song Review:: Taemin (SHINee): Eternal- Sexy in the Air

Song Review:: fromis_9: Supersonic- Supersonic

Song Review:: Moonbyul (Mamamoo): Starlight of Twinkle : REPACKAGE- Is This Love?