Song Review:: FIFTY FIFTY: LOVE TUNE- SOS

 

  • Release date: 2024 September 20
  • Album tracklist: Push Your Love, Starry Night, Starry Night - [ENG version], SOS, SOS - [ENG version], Gravity
  • Album runtime: 18 minutes

And here the group has re-debuted. Theseus's ship has sailed once more. The company had better know that there are going to be eyes on them and this group. I, personally, don't want to witness another B.A.P situation, so hopefully that's not what's going on.

It almost sounds like there's a plucked cello in the instrumentals. It's very subtle, very soft, but I don't know if it's a plucked bass guitar or a cello. I'm going to go with a bass guitar because the likelihood of that actually being a cello is probably low. It's the most intriguing part of the instrumentals, as the rest of it feels a little standard. Not that I don't like it. This doesn't need to be a cinematic soundtrack with twenty different tracks layered together, because that's not what kind of song this is. It's exactly the kind of song I was itching for right now, mellow vibes and wasn't trying too hard. It's just right. It's a very comfortable song that would feel kind of one-dimensional, except for that fantastic plucked whatever-it-is. Just a little bit of a grounding sound to keep it near the ground, but still floaty.

The song doesn't require power, so we're not hearing any from their voices. I'm not hearing a lot of differences in tone from any of them either, so I could almost believe there were at most two or three members. The only reason the numbers are that high is because the song has some harmonies going on that are intriguing in an otherwise fluffy song. I'm not not impressed by what I'm hearing, but I'm also not left with a sense of "Wow, their voices are incredible". It's comfortable, which isn't a bad thing. Sometimes we just need a comfortable song. I'm a little surprised by it being the title track, but here we are.

I'm such a sucker for puffed sleeves, so seeing the members in dresses with puffed sleeves gives them an instant okay in my books. I don't make the rules. The white dresses, I think, go with the vibes of the song (which, it turns out, is a depression song, so that's fun) the best, but my favorite part of the music video is at the switch to the girlhood concept. My second favorite part is the goose. Why is there a goose? I have no idea, but it's cute and adds to the fairytale-esque nature of the music video.

I'll likely be adding this one to a playlist, which I actually can because all members are adults.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Song Review:: Taemin (SHINee): Eternal- Sexy in the Air

Song Review:: fromis_9: Supersonic- Supersonic

Song Review:: Moonbyul (Mamamoo): Starlight of Twinkle : REPACKAGE- Is This Love?