Song Review:: Hui (Pentagon) feat. Kwon Eunbi: Easy dance

 

  • Release date: 2024 August 13
  • Album tracklist: Easy dance
  • Album runtime: 3 minutes

I don't know why multiple of the artists I pay attention to decided to release songs they did at Waterbomb, but here we are. In this case, it's the leader of Pentagon who debuted as a soloist within the last few months, and when I say Hmmm Bop still kind of has me in a choke hold, well, that's only a mild exaggeration. That one is an instant repeat every time it starts to play on one of the playlists I've got it in.

I'm getting the feeling from both songs that Hui is just kind of a goof, and I love that for him.

I don't know what other song the instrumentals remind me of. It's definitely on the groovier side of songs, but it's mildly groovy. The equivalent of white person spicy. I'm not saying it's a bad thing because the song isn't supposed to be a richly flavorful, make-Chan-shadowbox-the-air spicy assault on the senses. It's smooth and mellow like iced hot chocolate. It doesn't change the fact that the song has my head movin' and groovin' the entire length. This is also a "driving with the top down on a winding highway next to the ocean on a summer day" kind of song. 

Hui has an incredible voice, and it's one that I'd dearly love to hear in person. I'd heard of Kwon Eunbi, but hadn't heard her voice before. Wow. Yowza. Well done, her. (She's also gorgeous, and they look really good together, and while that should go in the music video section, I'll also repeat it there too because it bears repeating.) The amount of English in this song makes me raise an eyebrow and smile, but that'll just make it easier for me to learn. I think my favorite line is the "one two three break it down". Even when I'm not super paying attention, that part makes me head bobble. It's pretty fun. Have I mentioned how much I love Hui's voice? Swoon.

I recognize that Hui is a professionally trained dancer, and while that's not his main job (main job: vocalist), he's still a professionally trained dancer. But the sections where he and Eunbi are just grooving together remind me of me dancing. Goofball. The entire music video is so goofy and fun and chill. And he and Eunbi look so good together, and it looks like they had fun filming it. Hui gets shoved in a pool, pelted with water balloons, and splashed with water. She gives me the same goofball vibes, but also better dancer vibes. Plus, I think that the inclusion of the random animations and ploofs of personality is a very effective choice made for the video. This is just fun. I love fun. Serious is good. But fun is comforting.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Song Review:: Taemin (SHINee): Eternal- Sexy in the Air

Song Review:: fromis_9: Supersonic- Supersonic

Song Review:: Moonbyul (Mamamoo): Starlight of Twinkle : REPACKAGE- Is This Love?